Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

i have so much broth left over un- opened.... I think I will donate it happily to some charity for Thanksgiving. with a warm smile of course.....

Broth- yucky

~Raynie!

raynie, soniacan, julestu... I am one week post op today and so releived to not be the only one feeling this way. Today started out great with a banana Protein Shake, sugar free and a small amount of straw consistency malt o meal.... but then...... I was stuck in a LONG (until 2:30pm) meeting through lunch time and forgot my Protein shake!! I left work with a headache and in search of something allowed, but ended up with mashed potatoes liquified with a side of extra gravy and a few bites of chicken chewed really well but bad bad bad!! I thought I was stronger and felt really guilty. Tonight we went out for chinese (I ordered won ton Soup off the menu with iced tea), but snuck in a few bites of the soft part of crab rangoon and 2 chicken pieces. Why would I do that! Feeling really guilty right now and obsessing I may have over stressed my healing pouch. I HAVE to do better tomorrow and will not forget my shake before leaving for work.

I made the cheese thing for dinner. I couldn't do the Soup. I went to Dominicks and picked up some mushie foods. I figure the holidays are coming and they always do food drives at work so i can donate all this left over soup!!

So i was massaging (ok my scrathing) my port scar and I thought it was glued like my other scabs. NOPE i managed to pick something and i have this plastic-type stich sticking straight out!!!! i was going to have y husband cut it but if he sees it he'll yell at me for having been picking at it.

OOPPS! i'm going to have the nastiest scars since i wont let these heal!

Sonia, I had the same thing - there appeared to be glue on the outer incisions, but apparently he used real stitches inside and two or three of them had the tail of the stitch sticking out. One was right where my bra would rub and each time it hit that stitch it felt like I was getting stabbed by a needle! I trimmed as much as I could from it and put a tiny bandaid on it. Weird.

I keep wondering if I'll ever be able to wear a bra without it bothering me again! My surgeon puts his ports in an odd spot - under the left breast ON the rib cage, like a pacemaker. The tubing runs down the ribs to underneath. Sometimes when I bend over you can feel the tubing moving on the ribs - creepy! It must be a low-profile port, though, because it doesn't stick out much at all, however, it is still a weird bump. Luckily I have large boobs so it won't show!

:hippie: Hi everyone!!! :hippie:

:banana I'm very happy because I found this amazing page! :banana

:o Everybody is so nice and friendly! :)

I have just been banded (10/25/06), today is my 12th day since surgery :sick and everything is going so fine!:clap2:

I'd like to share my experience until I succeed in order to help and motivate others that have chosen the Lap Band surgery as I did. :high5:

So.. let's get in touch!! :Banane10:

:kiss2: Kisses! :kiss2:

:bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2:

Hey Roxy!! I'm doing great thanks! How about you? You seem to be doing really well. That's my girl!

I think the best thing about this site is that we all understand what each other is going through. liquid stage is really, really tough. Mushie stage is great, food wise, but then you have to work at not eating too much and then there is the emotion of beating yourself up if you do overeat. I think this is all normal and part of the process. So no matter where you are in your journey, don't get down on yourself if you weren't perfect. Try your best to follow your doctor's orders because they are there for a reason (like to prevent slippage or erosion), but know that we won't always be perfect. Just kep trucking along! We'll get there! :clap2:

Since we've already seen a couple people get fills, when are the rest of you going in for your fill appt? Mine is 8 weeks out, which is the Wed after Thanksgiving.

My first fill is Sunday, December 10... and I can't wait! I never thought I'd say this but I cheated tonight. I had a few bites of pizza on my mushie stage. Everything was ok but I want the restriction. Pizza is my absolute favorite food but honestly, it doesn't seem worth the guilt I feel.

I started my pre-op on 10/9 (almost 1 month ago) and I'm down 29 pounds. I guess I shouldn't kick myself for breaking down once in a month but I do.

I went back to work a week after having surgery and I'm glad I did. I didn't feel great that week at work but it was doable and it kept me active and out of the house. Yesterday (2 full weeks post-op) was the first day that I felt 100%... actually, make that 120%! I look awesome, I feel awesome and my life is absolutely amazing.

I couldn't have done this without LBT and my fellow October bandsters... espescially you Chrispy. I'm sure you had no idea since we don't chat that often and our banding dates aren't that close. It just goes to show that impact that we have on other people's lives around us.

Go us!

And look at you Miss Kimberly150!!! Nothing to sneeze at yourself! :o

Happy Election Day! (I hope)

Ok I think my head hunger is finally wearing off. I am not going as crazy anymore as far as craving foods. I just need to relax and breath- and be comfortable knowing that someday soon I can eat all that stuff, someday. Why rush it? I think I had woken up from surgery in some type of panic mood like deprived from food, and freaked out. But to be honest- when I first started looking into Lap Band I was thinking how cool it would be to eat one piece of pizza instead of the whole box, or a scoop of ice cream, instead of a huge bowl, or 1/3 of a hamburger instead of two..etc. I will not feel guilty anymore about eating something Bad for me. Its just life..... right? heha ~Raynie!

Hey girls- do you ever get a pain on the right side of your chest? Like in the middle? Its hard to describe the feeling. Its useally after eating, but it doesnt feel like food coming up or being stuck.

On Sunday I did have a pb moment I think, however I didnt throw up. I took a bite of chicken ...ok I took a couple bites, was chewing good and swallowing fine. Then I started to eat faster like old times... and BAM! It got stuck! Geez I thought I was going to die.... I ran around the house looking for my shoes so I could walk it off.... by then I had the whole family trailing after me... saying " Mom are you ok?? and "sweetie whats wrong?" etc... i could hardly breathe and tears swelled my eyes. It was a suffocating choking feeling- very horriable indeed. Its kinda funny now though. So my tip of the day- Eat very slowly, and chew well. I was starting to think that I was inviseable to all these band problems, but I am not. Whew what a relief. ~Raynie! hehehehehe :)

Raynie,

I had that in the very beginning (banded on Oct 19). I found that if I drank too much then I had pain in my left side actually just under the rib cage. It would take a while to pass, was better if I got up and walked around. Now that I am on soft foods I am afraid to eat too much! I told my surgeon that yesterday at my check up and he said that being afraid to eat too much was a good thing!:heh:

Total I have lost 17 pounds, go back for a fill possibly on the 4th of Dec. He said if I was still eating very small meals and loosing then I could just come in and not get a fill, so we will see. I have the smallest band, so I think I must have restriction without a fill right now.

Take care alll!

Debbie

Raynie,

You need to be careful!!! Should you be eating anything yet? What has your doc told you? I haven't eaten a bite of anything, but I sure will be tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Girl Banded,

I actually laughed out loud at the comment about not eating the people. That was hilarious. Thanks, I needed that laugh.