Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased food intake. Need advice

well I have gained 5 lbs in the last month and can see an increase in my food intake. Am i pushing the food yes I guess I am. I have rededicated but wanted to hang this out for everyone. I have been the type thats lost slow yet been able to eat almost anything from the beginning. I am considering another fill but want to see if I can rope this in myself.

I can eat a whole turkey sandwich tosted/ A new york strip.! This is still a fraction of what I used to eat but I wonder if I have stretched my little puoch out and if I gradually pull off will it return like regular stomachs.:) :)

Hi Bobby,

Do you think you need another fill? You didn't mention how many you have had or at what fill level you are presently. If you feel that you don't have as much restriction as you have had previously, maybe it is time to consider a fill... Although you did mention drinking with your meals... so you might try cutting that out first in order to get a true indication of your restriction.

Just my 2 cents and I am no expert!!! That is obvious based on my progress ;):):D:)

Hey Bobby,

I think it's unlikely that you've stretched your pouch out in any permanent way. A sandwich is not a huge amount of food (unless you're talking about one from the Carnegie Deli, of course), and it's not a tragedy that you can eat one.

What IS probably happening is that your stoma has gotten larger as you lost weight. food is going through faster now, allowing more room at the top for another bite. THIS IS WHEN YOU NEED A FILL. Why not get another one? Eating slowly, chewing well, and stopping after a small amount all get harder if your band is not adjusted properly.

Can you rein it in on your own? Probably, but why not let your band do its job? Let us know how it's going!

Hi Bobby -

I think it is unlikely that you have stretched your pouch. Are you eating to the point of vomiting because you are overfull? Are you eating to the point of feeling like the bottom of your esophagus is expanded (very uncomfortabl)?

It is not uncommon for people to lose a sense of restriction as they lose weight. Even though you have put on 5 pounds, your weightloss may account for your feeling less restriction.

It sounds to be like a fill would not be out of order if you are not vomiting or having reflux.

Being able to eat a whole toasted turkey sandwich - is that like on sandwich bread? Or is this like a large toasted Subway sub? A normal person can eat a whole sandwich. It's what a person eats in addition to the whole sandwich that contributes to their obesity. You know, the bag of chips, the cookie (that would have been ONE, but they sell them as 3 for $1, so you get three and eat them all... :) )

It is always good to modify your behaviour first, if possible. But if hunger is driving you to eat more than you want, a fill will help with that. If it's just the desire to eat... Well, that's a challenge I think we all face, and sometimes requires the help of a professional therapist/counselor to help us find ways to turn down that kind of hunger.

Hang in there, Bobby! :)

Its nice to know I have people to ask questions and get advice, Thanks. I will follow up in a few days. It was just a regular sandwich from home and I have 4cc in a 4cc band however I could do another half if needed. I believe its me so I'll adjust my eating and exercise first.