Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Very Frustrated

raven today is better. i work at a hotel and everytime i go to the bathroom i can smell the food from the resturants, driving me crazy. but i am being good i am about to make me some tea

Heya NGM! I'm still a little funny on the time difference over there but I am thinking of you and hoping your finding it all a little easier today (despite proximity to delish food smells) :D

i have not been a good girl. actually i am angry why must we starve ourselves everyday, and then cave in. ppl say you will need control after you have the sleeve so start now thats bull to me. with the sleeve my tummy will be smaller and i wont be able to induldge. the reason i am getting the sleeve is because diets have failed me in the past. i will not feel guilty about what i did last night and today (shhhhh.,lol)i still have one week to get it together i am not perfect and will never be perfect. i just wanted to share with my new friends what i have done. i lost the weight he wanted me to lose i cant continue to starve myself. a week maybe but two weeks who am i fooling. sorry if i let anyone down but i am only human.

You're not letting anyone down! We just want you to succeed and be proud of yourself!

And it's never too late to keep trying.

None of us would be on this board if we were perfect!

Honey this preop thing isn't about torturing you. It's about shrinking your liver and making it more pliable with less fatty deposits in it. Your doc has to move your liver to do the surgery. If its hard and large he may cancel on you. He can not afford to take a chance damaging it or worse nicking it which then takes you to emergency open surgery.

I'm no saint but the fear of that complication in surgery scared me quite straight. We lost a friend to a nicked liver during a gallbladder surgery two years ago. One day he went in for an easy surgery, two days his small boys were orphans.

dont worry im back on track i have one more week and i will meet my goal

dont worry im back on track i have one more week and i will meet my goal

I want you to understand this comes from a place of love. My dear son has only one grandparent, my mom, left. New grandmas are a child's world :). Follow the rules so you can keep beaming that gorgeous smile down on your grandbaby!

Hey honey your preaching to the converted where I'm concerned! We are doing this to have a really good tool to help but still human :) I know like me you will try your best and learn from mistakes. I try and help by taking what can be disheartening and spend a good half hour or so thinking "what was it really about? Hunger? Emotion? Texture? Taste? And can I do anything about it? What is possible if this is impossible? Can i learn anything to use in future situations?

Hey your doing a hard hard thing! Just keep planning and try to smile everyday! I'm glad you felt safe to share!

much better today

I'm so thrilled to hear that dear! They days are going fast. You'll make it!

:D

I'm singing the happy song for you- sending positive vibes your way!!!!

Hey, I thought of you this morning and it gave me the motivation to choose plain bran for brekky instead of anything with sugar... Hmmm I think im going to struggle on pre-diet! Lol!!!