Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheating On Liquid Diet

Thanks for letting me know that, I live seafood & from reading so many post ik not to scarf food down but enjoy it & take it slow... So how much weight have you lost since the 15th of May

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I just wanna tell all of you who have to do the diet more than a week, wowwww y'all are strong people! My is for a week and I'm on day 5 I have 2 more days and I'm so hungry I could eat a cow!

Lol, it's my day 5 of 2 weeks, my surgery is next Wed & yes it been difficult - my will power is kicking in for sure... Good luck to you, your surgery is a few days away..

Thanks for letting me know that, I live seafood & from reading so many post ik not to scarf food down but enjoy it & take it slow... So how much weight have you lost since the 15th of May

106lbs as of last week Tuesday when I was at a check up and got weighed

i am thanks hun!

This is before surgery' date=' I have been doin Atkins Advantage shakes & lots of Water & I had called the nurse & let her know I was starving & she said I could have carrots - when is your surgery??

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thanks for you response, am really trying, my date is 9/7, even though I cheated I have lost 8lbs. So now am on 10 of 14.

You were allowed carrots?!

First week of mien was milk milk and more milk 4pints a day I rang them and asked if I could eat a couple of sticks of cucumber I got told NO!

I badly wanted something crunchy I was craving apples true fully but wasn’t allowed it lol

I cheated in my first week but I was also really sick on the milk diet in the end so bad infact I was taken off the milk diet and switched to a food diet which was fine my second week I was good and never strayed from my diet.

Wow, my dr told me no milk. I guess every one is different.

Here you have a choice of 3 pre op diets:

5 ready to drink slimfast 5 bottles a day and 1 salty drink and Water.

Or

4pints of semi skimmed milk a day plus a salty drink and Water.< /p>

Or

A food diet they give you the what you eat for each meal like 2 lots of Protein no carbs and fruit/veg 2 lots of carbs 1 Protein 1 veg etc and list the amounts your allowed and whats in each section like 8 cherry tomatoes is one portion on the fruit/veg section.

I picked milk being that it to me was the easiest to do and cheapest, well as I don’t drink milk everrrrrrrr don’t do milkshakes hot chocolate hardy drank one cup of tea in 3 months didn’t do much dairy I didn’t know I was actually lactose intolerant so as the days went by and I kept on doing 4 pints of milk a day I was getting sicker and sicker and in more and more pain till after 5 days my mum kept telling me if you want to go to ER I will take you she thought it was a appendicitis I knew it wasn’t that low it actually felt like gallbladder pains but mine was removed years ago lol

So when I spoke to them day 6 told them whats going on I was told to stop drinking milk right away and switch to the food as I am lactose intolerant and all that will do if I keep on is make me sick and could jeopardise the op because there is not telling what is going on inside me with me drinking the milk.

So yeah that’s our choices in the uk and let me tell you food is soooooooo much easier to do I didn’t mind the milk I never felt hungry but its boring compared to the food and you feel normal on the food too lol

My 2 week pre-op diet is to replace two meals with Protein Shakes (so i chose muscle milk). And have one meal including 6-8 oz lean Protein, 1 cup veggies (green), and 1 cup fruit. No bananas, carrots, or potatoes. May have sugar free popsicles or Jello. Today is day 4. Feeling great. No hunger at all. 8 lbs lost so far. Surgery date is sept 14

I was told to do a liquid diet for the simple fact of preventing a fatty liver but the emphasis was put on two days before the surgery after taking magnesium citrate and Clear Liquids like Water, broth, crystal light and sugar free popsicles