Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm feeding my head hunger.......

Help! Help! Help! I need some encouragement or support or a slap in the face....something. LOL. Bring it on! Because I can't stop. =(

My head hunger is really controlling me right now! Luckily for my sake, I can only eat about 6oz of whatever I am craving. I am almost 3 weeks out and can eat just about anything I want, if I eat very slowly and chew chew chew. I was told to stay away from beef for the first month by my doctor. I have definitely done that.

So........ I am only eating about 6oz's a meal but I am eating some breads, pastas and potatoes just like before banding. I have been recording it in fitday and it doesn't go over 1100 calories. But for some reason, it really, really feels like I am cheating or something and I feel completely out of control.

I am not gaining weight but I'm not losing either and I didn't expect to lose at this point really because I haven't had my first fill yet. However, even though I haven't lost weight in a week and a half, I have definitely lost inches in my hips and waist.

When do I get PB's over food? After I have had my first fill? It would be nice in a way that even though I crave it if I couldn't have it at all without complications or a PB.

Is my out of control feeling maybe mental because I am not eating diet foods? Has anyone else felt like this? hmmmmm.... maybe I am having a food related anxiety attack.....

I go through it all the time. Go for a walk. Do not bring any money if you will be within walking distance of anyplace that sells food.

Call someone up. Do anything but watch TV.

Sounds like you are compacting, which is good and to be expected. But, you are right; white starches (potatoes, breads, rice, etc) will slow down your weight loss.

Try practicing with Proteins and good carbs, which is healthy veggies instead. It's definitely a different mindset, especially for those of us who's favorite food groups is refined sugars and starches. :) But the idea is to get it down to a chicken breast(or other hard proteins) and a serving of something like green Beans and be done.

Those white foods bring me down every single time. Then, the cylce just continues..

Don't be beating yourself up, your suppose to be healing right now and don't worry, you don't have a fill right now and your not going to feel restricted yet. Just wait it out and once you get a fill I promise you you'll be amazed at the difference. Your being wayyyyyy to hard on yourself.

Did I ever tell you that you look a lot like that movie star from Peurto Rico, Jenefer somebody or other? :help:

He. He. That's not a pic of me..... Its a character from one of my favorite video games, the Final Fantasy series. I found it in the avatar choices here on LBT and was like "oh cool". I could have picked a Pokemon' or anime in honor of my 12 yr. old or elmo for my 2 yr. old but I thought it was pretty cool that they had Final Fantasy Characters. When I show a significant amount of weight lost, I'll add a real pic of myself. LOL.

No, I'm not over my obesession yet. I am not hungry right now, I just feel really out of control, even though I am not eating more than 6oz. at a time. I am craving carbs and I can't stop.

Sounds like you are compacting,

What's compacting?

......ah. I did a search, I understand now.

well, only thing is other than normal everyday walking, shopping, taking care of the baby and stuff, I am not really excercising yet, although I am MUCH more active than I was 2 months ago sitting in front of the TV eating bowls and bowls of Pasta.

I am right there with you. I can't stop eating, I think i'm stressed because of other things going on but it's horrible. My advice stay on the board and don't go near the kitchen. Good luck!

I knew that wasn't you, I was just trying to take your mind off of eating.

My girl-friend in college was a suicide hotline volunteer and she would say anything to get the caller's mind off of killing herself.

By the way, here is proof positive that males are superior to females. 7 times as many females as males attempt suicide, yet 5 times as many males as females commit suicide. That means males are 3500% more efficient than females.

I knew that wasn't you, I was just trying to take your mind off of eating.

My girl-friend in college was a suicide hotline volunteer and she would say anything to get the caller's mind off of killing herself.

By the way, here is proof positive that males are superior to females. 7 times as many females as males attempt suicide, yet 5 times as males as females commit suicide. That means males are 3500% more efficient than females.

Ha. Ha. I read somewhere that in home evasion situations women were 80% accurate in injuring the assailant where men were only 25% successful. I read that it was because women pick up the gun and start shooting at sound and movement, where men actually try to aim in the dark. LMAO, that really cracked me up.

And yes for 10 minutes of my 1440 minutes for today, you have successfully gotten my mind off of food. he he.

Ha. Ha. I read somewhere that in home evasion situations women were 80% accurate in injuring the assailant where men were only 25% successful. I read that it was because women pick up the gun and start shooting at sound and movement, where men actually try to aim in the dark. LMAO, that really cracked me up.

And yes for 10 minutes of my 1440 minutes for today, you have successfully gotten my mind off of food. he he.

10 minutes?

4:58 from 6:17. That is almost one hour and twenty minutes.

Give me a break and a :clap2:

He. He. That's not a pic of me..... Its a character from one of my favorite video games, the Final Fantasy series. I found it in the avatar choices here on LBT and was like "oh cool". I could have picked a Pokemon' or anime in honor of my 12 yr. old or elmo for my 2 yr. old but I thought it was pretty cool that they had Final Fantasy Characters. When I show a significant amount of weight lost, I'll add a real pic of myself. LOL.

No, I'm not over my obesession yet. I am not hungry right now, I just feel really out of control, even though I am not eating more than 6oz. at a time. I am craving carbs and I can't stop.

Faybie,

It seems as though all of us have very similar eating trends. Right now, I am on the 2nd week of the preop liquid diet and I am having drive thru withdrawals. What has really been helping me is listening to books on tape while in the car. Pogo is really good for wasting time, but playing games and chatting keeps you busy. I just mix a Protein shake and play some games instead of watching TV. It helps to keep my hands and mind occupied.

Faybie,

I was banded 8/30 and just posted in another thread about this same thing. I am not feeling any restriction AT ALL! Well, maybe sometimes in the AM, in which case I eat little or not at all. But I am also pre-menstrual and extremely hormonal and feel like I can't stop eating. I thought I read somewhere that it's virtually impossible to stretch the pouch until you've had a fill, but is that true? I am so scared that I am stretching my pouch out without knowing (because I feel little to no restriction)....HELP!