Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak

Has anyone used Dr. SPivak out of Houston, Texas. I went to a seminar this weekend and still have a lot of questions. If anyone has used him please email me back. Thanks, Lisa

I was banded by Dr. Spivak in May, he is a great doctor and the people in his office are very friendly and answer any questions I have.:clap2:

I love Dr. Spivak. I haven't had surgery yet but I've been to see him twice. He is very nice and I have never read anything negative about him on the board. His office staff is very helpful. I'm sure if you call they will answer your questions.

you would be hard pressed to find anyone who could say something bad about him. the only complaint i have ever heard about him was due to some insurance conflicts. none involved his ethic, ability, or manner as a surgeon.

i was banded by him in march, i started at 207 on consult day and i am currently 187. i am very satisfied with the results and aftercare. i think the world of dr. spivak, and recently refered a friend of mine to him...she was at a seminar with him on saturday, maybe you were both there at the same time...she is having surgery this friday.

good luck in your decision process.

hi lisa,

i had my surgery by dr spivak this past june. him and his staff have always been there for my questions. i consider him to be one of the best in houston. he has a awesome bedside manner.

good luck!!

cutiern:)

Everytime I get on this web page to log in, I have to reset my password eveytime. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I had my stomach stapled in 1981 with Dr. Horace Robbins out of Clear Lake and I went to see Dr. Spivak this past Saturday and he has agreed to do the lap band. I gained weight with my second child 13 years ago that I haven't been able to get off and it keeps going up. He said he has had past patients that have had the stomach stapling before. I was wanting to try and find any of those ladies/gentleman and ask them questions also. I have had one friend have the lap band three years ago and the only complication she had was Dr. Spivak got the band to tight and she had to go two times to the ER to have fluids put back in her body. Other than that she has only had one other fill and has lost 100 lbs. I just have so many question. You would think I would not, but I am 24 years older with children and I am more cautious then I use to be.

I was banded by Dr. Spivak on 8/2/06. I first met him in 2001 when I was considering the surgery then, but I didn't have the financial means and insurance wouldn't pay. I liked him then, so I didn't even shop around this time. Both Dr. Spiegel and Dr. Spivak do surgery in the same center (I assume they probably both have an ownership interest). Anyway, Dr. Spivak's pre-op and post-op diet are more liberal than other doctors'. He has a great bedside manner which really isn't that big of a deal because you don't see your surgeon that much. His staff has been helpful and accommodating. I have had no problems at all. I had my first fill last week and perhaps I would have wanted a little bit more restriction, but his approach is conservative and to "sneak" up on the sweet spot. I haven't had any throwing up, PB's, nausea. All in all, my experience so far has been excellent. I haven't updated my ticker yet, but I have lost a few more pounds, but I want to be solidly at -15 lbs before I update it.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions. There are lots of other Spivak patients around. I was surprised at the wide variations among doctors regarding pre and post-op diet, fill philosophy, etc.