Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Started Liquid Diet Today! Please Pray

I just started my liquid diet today and I have 14 days. I'm with everyone on being a little bit moody and needing something to chew. I'm hoping at least since I'll be off work on Monday that maybe by Tuesday I won't be so grumpy! I think one of the hardest thing for me will be cooking for my husband and 10 year old and 9 year old. How did anyone else handle this? Or, maybe they will just be doing a lot of take out or cooking grilled cheese for themselves! LOL.

I will admit also I was VERY moody at work also I'm off today and it's been reallllllly hard but I've tried to stay busy! Good luck!

Just a few more days we can do it!!! I admit I cheated but, found out after 10 days cheating = vomiting!!! So definitely not doing that again! Also homade broth much easier to sip than storebought

Just a few more days we can do it!!! I admit I cheated but' date=' found out after 10 days cheating = vomiting!!! So definitely not doing that again! Also homade broth much easier to sip than storebought[/quote']

Thanks so much, not sure what I would do with the support!! So glad I'm not alone!

I agree, thank y'all for the support! It helps so much to know that we are all going through the same thing! We can do this!

Today is day 1 for me. I have 13 more to go. My head is pounding, my mouth tastes like metal and my mind is telling me I'm starving. My surgery date is 9/13/12 I'm very excited but just not sure how I'm going to make it thru this liquid diet. I've failed in every diet out so how can I do this without and appetite suppressants? This is crazy but I refuse to cheat..

I'll be honest it's been hard for me really but the one thing that has helped me is staying busy and drinking Water and most important the support from everyone one here! It's a mind battle (as I'm hungry as all get out) I'm telling myself that I will do this! My brain is like no ur hungry, it's hard but we got this!!!! We're all here, praying for you! YOU CAN DO IT

So your surg is the same day as mine!!???? Sept 5? I can't wait

I'm the 5th as well!!! I cheated almost everyday the first week :(

Hang in there! It does get a bit easier. Doctor up your Protein Drinks a bit with SF syrups, powdered Peanut Butter etc... Variety is what makes a difference for me.

The end of the day today is 1/2 way through my pre op diet. WOOHOO. I can do this.

So thankful for all of the support here!

I'm the 5th as well!!! I cheated almost everyday the first week :(

Omg sweetie I would go crazy if I had to do it for two weeks really! I have done really good it's hard to smell food though omg I wanna bit just one so darn bad! However I wanna feel beautiful again!!! We can do this woman, we have each others support!!!!!! Right!!! Lol we GOT THIS U HEAR ME LOL

I just started my liquid diet today and I have 14 days. I'm with everyone on being a little bit moody and needing something to chew. I'm hoping at least since I'll be off work on Monday that maybe by Tuesday I won't be so grumpy! I think one of the hardest thing for me will be cooking for my husband and 10 year old and 9 year old. How did anyone else handle this? Or' date=' maybe they will just be doing a lot of take out or cooking grilled cheese for themselves! LOL.[/quote']

Crock pot it! I did that and it doesn't smell amazing going in raw then i stayed in the other room while they ate.

Today is day 1 for me. I have 13 more to go. My head is pounding' date=' my mouth tastes like metal and my mind is telling me I'm starving. My surgery date is 9/13/12 I'm very excited but just not sure how I'm going to make it thru this liquid diet. I've failed in every diet out so how can I do this without and appetite suppressants? This is crazy but I refuse to cheat..[/quote']

You can do it!!! Day 1&2 are the hardest. Add another shake and chew gum it helps.