Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When people say it's not on "the plan" I find it kind of funny. There is no plan. There are stages of food to follow for optimal healing' date=' but no specific diet other than to eat Protein and drink plenty of Water. If y'all were this committed to following a "plan" then why did you need surgery to begin with? Why couldn't you just follow a diet with this much conviction?

Reality is, being sleeved will change the way you eat but it's not a diet, per se. Most of us got this way because of excessive eating. Can you have a milkshake with a burger and fries everyday? No, it will make you sick. Can you have a little bit of a milkshake as a treat or to increase calories (like I did) on a rare occasion without blowing it? Absolutely. There are two schools of thought here - the absolutes and the in moderations. The absolutes get all high and mighty whenever someone even mentions a food they disagree with, and the in moderations are more laid back and recognize that if we forbid ourselves of everything, we'll be miserable.

Interestingly, however, both will lose weight.

If you want a milkshake and your doctor says it's okay and won't make you sick, that's your call and only your call. Don't let people here bully you into thinking otherwise.[/quote']

As long u eat in moderation u should be fine if u completely deprive your self from everything u will fail on ur weight loss having a dhake ones in a while is not gonna make u gain it will if u continously do it.when u have your shake make sure u get back on track w your healthy eating habits. Right away if u feel this is what got u in trouble And u know you will want it all the time Dont do it!!!! Like people r saying this is not a diet its a tool to help u diet only u know what u can handle good luck and be careful u made this decision for a reason

Sometimes I don’t; get this site!

Instead of jumping on people for perceived bad choices that they never even had why not suggest a healthy alternative and save said person from making a bad choice?

I was one of the people who suggested a healthy milkshake alternative hardly anyone does this its instant BAD POSTER BAD NO BAD!

Its happened before people have given a healthy option the Pasta thread is one mac n cheese another.

How to make things you liked before but healthy now is far more constructive so why oh why is it an instant NO BAD! When there is no need to go there?

Then the personal insults you have no idea what other things are going on in a person’s life what if they are sideburns but that’s a side effect to say pocs?

It’s so crappy and rude to make personal insults on people who do not agree with you.

Hey I have pocs and I have a tash and beard doesn’t make me a man but catch me on the right day and I am the bearded lady dose this mean you have the right to be rude to me and insult me for a medical condition?

No it does not!

No fat insults on this forum but everything else is up for grabs huh?

I think it's unfair to ascribe intent perhaps even Rude! I never said they were or weren't side burns just how it looked in the tiny Little picture on my phone, as i explained in my post . I am sorry that your medical condition makes you sensitive and you perceived my comment as an insult, I didn't intend it to be. Thanks for giving me, a complete stranger ,on a different continent all that headspace I'm flattered! If you are having a bad day and want to talk we can!

For what it's worth' date=' I don't have sideburns - my hair was just messy that day from riding around in a convertible.

My dog, however, does have hair on her face. Despite that, she is a girl.[/quote']

Never meant to hurt! I'm sure you are beautiful. Your dog not so much!

I think we should all take a deep breath and breath out. We are all good people with no mal intent and I'm sure no one has meant to hurt anyone else. This is a heated discussion. LT, i love the pic of your puppy, so cute. I made an assumption you were a guy and i do apologize for that. We all have our issues and that is what contributed to us putting on weight an being here. I like that you state what you think and to me, that takes courage. I think that everyone else here has a lot of courage too. We are all terrific people and we are in the same boat, together..... We can support each other and also share our own experiences here too. This is a terrific site to be on.

Everyone here has great insight and intentions. So thank you for being part of my support and also helping me be accountable for what I choose to eat. :) Love to all......

Eh? What'd I miss?

Catracks: You have missed a lot! LOL :)

When people say it's not on "the plan" I find it kind of funny. There is no plan. There are stages of food to follow for optimal healing' date=' but no specific diet other than to eat Protein and drink plenty of Water. If y'all were this committed to following a "plan" then why did you need surgery to begin with? Why couldn't you just follow a diet with this much conviction?

Reality is, being sleeved will change the way you eat but it's not a diet, per se. Most of us got this way because of excessive eating. Can you have a milkshake with a burger and fries everyday? No, it will make you sick. Can you have a little bit of a milkshake as a treat or to increase calories (like I did) on a rare occasion without blowing it? Absolutely. There are two schools of thought here - the absolutes and the in moderations. The absolutes get all high and mighty whenever someone even mentions a food they disagree with, and the in moderations are more laid back and recognize that if we forbid ourselves of everything, we'll be miserable.

Interestingly, however, both will lose weight.

If you want a milkshake and your doctor says it's okay and won't make you sick, that's your call and only your call. Don't let people here bully you into thinking otherwise.[/quote']

I agree completely, I had this conversation with my Psychologist who has had WLS too and she agreed with me. She said that with WLS nothing is off the menu FOREVER we just have to be smart about it:)

I think it's unfair to ascribe intent perhaps even Rude! I never said they were or weren't side burns just how it looked in the tiny Little picture on my phone, as i explained in my post . I am sorry that your medical condition makes you sensitive and you perceived my comment as an insult, I didn't intend it to be. Thanks for giving me, a complete stranger ,on a different continent all that headspace I'm flattered! If you are having a bad day and want to talk we can!

um i don;t think you meant to say that to me or you did and thought i was LT’s post lol

i'm not sensitive about my tash and beard so its all good!

i will take the love from the post under the quoted ones lol

My dog, however, does have hair on her face. Despite that, she is a girl.

Drat wanted it to be a cross dressing dog! lol