Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I'll be getting sleeved 8/28 and needed help from my fellow sleevers. I need to know what I need in my fridge when I get home from the hospital. What kind of liquids? Protein Shakes? Thank you in advance

Sarah

The only thing I'd buy much of is Water. As far as Protein Drinks get a variety. You don't know yet what you will like or even what you will tolerate well, so don't go buying too much of anything.

Also, when you are buying Protein look at the ingredients. If it says collagen or Gelatin don't buy it. FYI all Protein Shots sold in stores right now are garbage.

Box of sugar free Popsicles, sugar free Jello, bottle Water and crystal ightbpowder packs, chicken broth. As far as Protein powders it's gonna be trial and error as it comes down to individual tastes. I found I like Promasil so far the best, it's sold at GNC. Very little filler so I don't get overly bloated and only 90 calories. Mixes pretty good with just Water and i find the taste ok where others had made me gag.

Sent from my iPad using VST

The only thing I'd buy much of is Water. As far as Protein drinks get a variety. You don't know yet what you will like or even what you will tolerate well' date=' so don't go buying too much of anything.

Also, when you are buying Protein look at the ingredients. If it says collagen or Gelatin don't buy it. FYI all Protein Shots sold in stores right now are garbage.[/quote']

Thank you for the info. What are protein shots? Which ones should i get? Are Optifast shakes good? I like the taste now but I don't know how it'll taste after.

Box of sugar free Popsicles' date=' sugar free Jello, bottle Water and crystal ightbpowder packs, chicken broth. As far as Protein powders it's gonna be trial and error as it comes down to individual tastes. I found I like Promasil so far the best, it's sold at GNC. Very little filler so I don't get overly bloated and only 90 calories. Mixes pretty good with just Water and i find the taste ok where others had made me gag.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Thank you

Protein shots are vials of Protein that often advertise large amounts of protein in a small "shot"

Optifast makes a pretty wide variety of protein supplements & Meal Replacements just taking a brief look at their website the all seem to be fairly good. I did notice the Meal Replacements are fairly high calorie for the amount of protein in them. This is not uncommon and is why we use protein supplements rather than meal replacements.

I would suggest ordering a sample pack from unjury & Syntrax(Nectar). These so far have proven to be the best options for us. I'd advise saving them till after surgery because your tastes will likely change some.

If after trying these you simply can't stomach them (they both have flavors I like & some I detest) then order a sampler from Chike. Chike is very rich & delicious, but again it is a Meal Replacement and does contain a few extra calories.

Protein shots are vials of Protein that often advertise large amounts of protein in a small "shot"

Optifast makes a pretty wide variety of protein supplements & meal replacements just taking a brief look at their website the all seem to be fairly good. I did notice the meal replacements are fairly high calorie for the amount of protein in them. This is not uncommon and is why we use protein supplements rather than meal replacements.

I would suggest ordering a sample pack from unjury & Syntrax(Nectar). These so far have proven to be the best options for us. I'd advise saving them till after surgery because your tastes will likely change some.

If after trying these you simply can't stomach them (they both have flavors I like & some I detest) then order a sampler from Chike. Chike is very rich & delicious' date=' but again it is a Meal Replacement and does contain a few extra calories.[/quote']

Does unjury/syntax nector have a bitter or sweet taste? Like with optifast(pre op) I like their strawberry taste.

Does unjury/syntax nector have a bitter or sweet taste? Like with optifast(pre op) I like their strawberry taste.

It is not bitter.

unjury chicken Soup is savory. Kinda reminds me of chicken ramen

Unjury chocolate splendor is a moderately rich chocolate milk flavor (I love to mix it with almond milk)

Unjury strawberry sorbet is pretty sweet, not one of my preferred flavors

Unjury unflavored is great to mix into stuff like yogurt, cottage cheese, and other milk based products & is pretty undetectable when used this way (I don't recommend mixing it with juices or clear drinks)

nectar (Syntrax) are mostly juice based flavors so they are gonna be a tad sweet.

I really like the fuzzy navel & cherry flavors. Carribean cooler gets a lot of good reviews also, but I don't like the taste of shredded coconut, which it definately resembles(kinda like a piña colada)

I also liked the chocolate truffle, it's pretty sweet but good, I've heard their cappachino flavor is good, but I'm also not a coffee fan.

As for comparing it to Optifast, I really couldn't say. I've never tried the Optifast product. All my knowlage of them is through reviews & research.

It is not bitter.

unjury chicken Soup is savory. Kinda reminds me of chicken ramen

Unjury chocolate splendor is a moderately rich chocolate milk flavor (I love to mix it with almond milk)

Unjury strawberry sorbet is pretty sweet' date=' not one of my preferred flavors

Unjury unflavored is great to mix into stuff like yogurt, cottage cheese, and other milk based products & is pretty undetectable when used this way (I don't recommend mixing it with juices or clear drinks)

nectar (Syntrax) are mostly juice based flavors so they are gonna be a tad sweet.

I really like the fuzzy navel & cherry flavors. Carribean cooler gets a lot of good reviews also, but I don't like the taste of shredded coconut, which it definately resembles(kinda like a piña colada)

I also liked the chocolate truffle, it's pretty sweet but good, I've heard their cappachino flavor is good, but I'm also not a coffee fan.

As for comparing it to Optifast, I really couldn't say. I've never tried the Optifast product. All my knowlage of them is through reviews & research.[/quote']

Thank you soooooo much for a quick and detailed reply.

Thank you soooooo much for a quick and detailed reply.

Approximately in how many week/months are you able to eat whatever u want? In choice not amount?

Approximately in how many week/months are you able to eat whatever u want? In choice not amount?

Thus varies from person to person. I personally have had no problems with anything, and I've been eating "real food" since about 4 weeks post-op.

As a general rule most people can tolerate most anything by 3-4months. I was told before surgery that I'd be fully healed by 6 months & at my full capacity by 1year. I think those are pretty conservative numbers though.

I suggest making your own broth you pretty much make a big pot of Soup and drain he broth off into containers/bags etc freeze most of it and keep out a couple of days worth.

This has a good upside the broth you make you know whats in it no extra added crap and loads of salt, and the meat/veg that’s left in the pot you also portion off for the pureed and solid food parts of the diet.

So your not constantly reheating broth what I did was get a thermos and put a full days worth in it and have it with me it was a lot easier.

I suggest making your own broth you pretty much make a big pot of Soup and drain he broth off into containers/bags etc freeze most of it and keep out a couple of days worth.

This has a good upside the broth you make you know whats in it no extra added crap and loads of salt' date=' and the meat/veg that’s left in the pot you also portion off for the pureed and solid food parts of the diet.

So your not constantly reheating broth what I did was get a thermos and put a full days worth in it and have it with me it was a lot easier.[/quote']

Thank you