Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 wks post op and until this week I have had no pain. No incision pain or any pain related to surgery. But now I have a muscle like pain in my abdomen right above my belly button. It feels like a pulled muscle. Am I maybe doing too much? Has anyone else experienced this?? I have a 2 yr old that I have to take care of and pick up sometimes. Maybe I've irritated something?? I just want to make sure this is not out of the ordinary for a pain to just pop up. It's not unbearable, but more like annoying.

I too had very little pain post surgery. But once in a while I get some discomfort (nothing debilitating) in my abdomen that feels like pulling, sometimes a little bit of a sharp pain. I have read that this is normal, even for pain to come back or start up as the muscle is healing. That being said, be careful with picking up your 2 year old. My doctor said no lifting more than 10 pounds for the first month. I realize that is much easier to say when referring to picking up a case of Water. A two year old does not care about your doctor's orders! :P

Flexall proved to be a LIFESAVER! I applied it around my incision(not on) and around my side. The muscle pain has reduced by 75%. I am three weeks out too. I can't express how relieving it is not to have that severe pain!

What is flexall and where can I get it? I was so worried that I messed up my sleeve somehow. So glad to know this is common.

Flex all is a muscle rub you can get at any Walmart etc. It is in the first aid section usually. I have been using it since highschool. I havnt had anymore pain in my back or side since I started applying it. Just a little around the incision where I'm afraid to put it still lol. Good luck to you!

If it's lower back pain, equal on both sides, it could be you are not getting enough fluids. It's an early sign of dehydration. I notice that I get it whenever I forget to drink enough. I start drinking again and it goes away.

I've had back pain since surgery also. Have u had this?

I did have back pain from a pulled muscle. My surgeon said it would take several weeks to heal. For me it starts around my incision and travels around my side to my back. He said it was a result of a particularly hard sneeze that pulled the muscle. It is getting much better and the flexall really helps. Mine is all on the right side.

I've had back pain since surgery also. Have u had this?

I have too. And for some reason my head hurts a lot as well