Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Types Of Food Are People Craving After All Healed

Haven't started anything yet not even sure if i am eliable but been ready on here every I want this in the worst way I was just curious what types of food people r craving if it's any different from how u ate before

Marie

I craved spicy food for awhile, especially Thai green curry. Now that I've had some I don't crave it as much, but cravings come and go. At least I found out I can tolerate and still enjoy some spice.

Sushi has been another craving, but I haven't had any yet because of the white rice.

Also, steak or bison. Which are actually acceptable, and surgery makes for a good excuse to order a nice, expensive tender cut.

This is your question and you have not been sleeved yet? STRANGE...................

This is your question and you have not been sleeved yet? STRANGE...................

I don't think it's strange at all I to wonder what people crave after surgery. I am not sleeved

You need a "Dislike This" button so I can push it.

I also don't think it's strange. I lost 40 lbs before surgery, so I had cravings all the time. Much easier to deal with the cravings after surgery.

You need a "Dislike This" button so I can push it.

I also don't think it's strange. I lost 40 lbs before surgery' date=' so I had cravings all the time. Much easier to deal with the cravings after surgery.

[/quote']

What is it your dislikinglol

Marie

I have noticed is that most of the time I really do not have cravings anymore. This is strange to me because I always craved sweets pre surgery. However, while it is not as intense as before surgery, I start to crave more carbs right before I get my period. I need to pay attention to this, because this is a danger time for me when I find myself slipping into old habits.

Chilli. I don't know whether it is a craving as I don't think about it until someone asks me what I want for lunch or dinner and I just find myself saying "chilli".

Chilli. I don't know whether it is a craving as I don't think about it until someone asks me what I want for lunch or dinner and I just find myself saying "chilli".

I love any thing spicy I'm hoping I still do then I love my hot peppers also but u never know I may not be able to eat them

Marie

Why is it strange?! I don't find it strange that someone wants to know if this is something she will have to deal with post surgery, or be totally free of. I thought we were here to inform ourselves about this surgery, so we can go in fully knowing what to expect?!

@Marie, I still crave for things! But knowing it's not safe and/or it will slow my weight loss, keeps me in check lol!!!

After surgery your appetite will be more manageable, and making the right choices ( eating healthy, exercising and drinking plenty of water) will help you be successful!! You will master your cravings and how to deal with them. I wish you the best :)

I crave Chinese food after I go swimming I think my head just want carbs when I am done but for the past 3 weeks when I am just about done in the pool I suddenly think chicken chow mien or special fried rice with sweet n sour sauce would be nice lol

Also not eaten rice or noodles at all so its strange!

As for other cravings nothing other than in the liquid stage I wanted salad I craved crunchy fresh salad to just be different to the Fluid I was taking.

Also like my pre op milk diet I craved cucumber even rang and asked if I could just have a little bit got told NO! lol

Why is it strange?! I don't find it strange that someone wants to know if this is something she will have to deal with post surgery' date=' or be totally free of. I thought we were here to inform ourselves about this surgery, so we can go in fully knowing what to expect?!

@Marie, I still crave for things! But knowing it's not safe and/or it will slow my weight loss, keeps me in check lol!!!

After surgery your appetite will be more manageable, and making the right choices ( eating healthy, exercising and drinking plenty of water) will help you be successful!! You will master your cravings and how to deal with them. I wish you the best :)[/quote']

thank you so much labelle i really appreciate all the answers im getting i didnt come on here to here negative talk i just would like to know what to expect

Marie