Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Cycle...!

Hi ladies!

Thursday, I started having these terrible stomach pains. I couldn't figure out what the problem was then I thought perhaps It's diarrhea. So I went to the bathroom and low and behold BAM it all came out like a ton of bricks. However, my stomach continued to have pain so I have in an out of the bathroom all day at work. I then started to worry Bc I knew something wasn't right.

I looked up the leak signs and I didn't have any of those besides the stomach pains. So I figured it wasn't that. I continued to sit on the toilet and waste continued to come out.

Then I realized. Omg I've felt this feeling before! But I couldn't remember what the feeling was. I just equated it to having terrible diarrhea. I knew I was backed up and havent gone #2 in quite a while.

Yesterday I went to the bathroom and I wiped myself and saw blood on the toilet paper but still didn't think anything of it. My panties were dark so although I could tell there was something wet in them I couldn't see what color it was so I honestly thought I hadn't wiped myself good enough after going #2. I know tmi! Sorry. I took a shower and took some pepto bismol and stomach pains went away.

2AM this morning, I wake up to stomach pains. Which I realize are cramps! Again I'm still thinking I have To go #2 and it mus be stuck in my intestine so I planned on taking milk of magnesia this AM to wipe it out. I roll over deal with the pain and go to sleep.

I wake up at 7AM. And I feel like I have to go urinate. I get up and as I'm walking to the bathroom I feel something comin out of my vagina. I start to panick thinking something is wrong with my kidney Bc I'm gettin ready to urinate on myself and I can't hold it. I reach the toilet pull my undies down and there it is..... The cycle!!!

Omg. I can't believe I have my period. I've only had one period in my life and it was in jan of 2008. I have pcos and I'm 26 years old so i really don't know anything about this stuff.

I was supposed to go on Bc to regulate it but I really didn't want to take it so I refused. Then my dr told me that I should reconsider Bc not having a period naturally isn't good for me and it can potentially cause cervical cancer and infertility. Fearful of becoming infertile i figured I would start Bc next year. I wanted to focus on losing weight this year and not have some pill hold me back. (I heard Bc could potentially make u gain weight). Plus I never wanted a period anyway. I found it and still find it to be disgusting. Lol. But if I have to go through this to be a mom I'm willing to do it.

Anyway, I so happy I got my period. I was sleeved on July 17 and am 60lbs down. My sleeve has already reversed my diabetes and now it's working on my pcos!!! I'm so grateful. Glory to be to God. Thank you lord.

I'm so happy to know that I am officially ovulating and shedding the lining or whatever the medical terminology is called. Lol.

So my question is does anyone know the direct correlation between going #2 and your period? I swear I thought I was having a s*it attack. Lol.

I love my sleeve! It's changing my life and reversing my health problems. Prayerfully it will do the same for YOU!!

Thanks for "listening"!

Congrats!! I had an irregular cycle since early childhood, and was told in 2004 I had PCOS. I was put on BC for the same reasons, but my oldest child still found his way into the world. That was a pregnancy test shocker!!

I have an IUD now and haven't had a period since November, which is normal for me. After my first child I didn't have a cycle for 5 years on my last IUD. Then I have surgery and now I'm on the 9th day of this cycle. It's driving my crazy and I'm going through the same thing! I dont know why it's correlated at all, but I can't tell which cramp is which. Take some midol, it helps. Also, get some heat packs. When you aren't used to having a cycle you aren't stocked up.

Wonderful! Isn't funny how things work out! I had endometriosis with PCOS and had the opposite problem..how do you bleed 72 days straight and not die??? LOL(oh well I sure felt like I was anyway I digress) but always without fail, I had diarrhea right before my cycles, so I understand! You will get used to your body telling you when it will start to cycle. I have to say though while I am very happy you are happy to be experiencing this, I am more happy I got mine all taken out! I love it when a doctor ask me when was your last menstrual period, and I proudly say February 28th, 2010! I get confused looks..then get ask how was the hysterectomy.....lol. Oh and as Aliemm said, you can try Midol for pain, I always preferred Alleve..back in the day, that wasn't an OTC med, and I had to get a prescription for it..So that should give you a clue to my age!! Alleve always worked better for me for cramps. You try different meds and see which one works for you, and a good heating pad will be your BFF! Good luck!

And just wait....which brand of pad or tampon will be your brand will be the next hard question to answer!

Lol!! Thanks gals! Luckily I've always kept tampons and pads in my bathroom and glove compartment. I always thought about the "just in case" factor. Even though "it" never came! Lol. So this AM I was able to use one of my supplies. I have always with wings. Hope that's a good brand. We'll see. I wasn't sure how to put it on like which direction... There's a wider part that I figured should go towards the back and the smaller in the front. I hope that's right..? Lol.

I'll look into the heating pads as well.

I took Tylenol extra strength a few minutes ago. Hopefully it will work Bc these cramps are no joke. I planned on going shopping today but I don't want to walk around feeling like this.

Your right this is a NSV! Whoohoo.

And omg 72 days of bleeding. Sheesh! Your a trooper. I'm praying this doesn't last longer than 7 days. Lol.

Thanks again!!!!

Oops. I mean this AM I was able to use one of my supplies!

Yes the wider part goes in the back part of the panty..it should be towards your buttocks.

You will be glad you did invest in a heating pad!!!!

As far as brands go, when I was in high school and not fat, I really liked the Always brand. As I got bigger, I had to switch to Kotex because the Always pads have that plastic mesh on them that wicks away the blood, and in turn would gaud the crap out of my buttocks when I wore them, so I switched Kotex and that problem was eliminated. You'll find a brand you like, just buy small packs of different brands until you find one you are comfortable in. I always had to wear the maximum absorbent tampons with an overnight pad to take care of my business. My coworkers were ever so happy when I brought my left over pads after my hysterectomy..the products filled one large kitchen trash bag..yes that was a months supply for me. I would use a 12 pack of mega Charmin for 1 period every month by myself...it was awful...I just hope and pray my daughter does not suffer the same fate. Good luck! Do try that Alleve or Midol if your Tylenol doesn't work and get that heating pad!

Yes the wider part goes in the back part of the panty..it should be towards your buttocks.

You will be glad you did invest in a heating pad!!!!

As far as brands go' date=' when I was in high school and not fat, I really liked the Always brand. As I got bigger, I had to switch to Kotex because the Always pads have that plastic mesh on them that wicks away the blood, and in turn would gaud the crap out of my buttocks when I wore them, so I switched Kotex and that problem was eliminated. You'll find a brand you like, just buy small packs of different brands until you find one you are comfortable in. I always had to wear the maximum absorbent tampons with an overnight pad to take care of my business. My coworkers were ever so happy when I brought my left over pads after my hysterectomy..the products filled one large kitchen trash bag..yes that was a months supply for me. I would use a 12 pack of mega Charmin for 1 period every month by myself...it was awful...I just hope and pray my daughter does not suffer the same fate. Good luck! Do try that Alleve or Midol if your Tylenol doesn't work and get that heating pad!

[/quote']

Wow!! That's a lot of supplies!!! Lol.

Wow!! That's a lot of supplies!!! Lol.

LOL...it was a lot of bleeding!!!

Lol

I too just started my period :) but it's not my first time. I've always had irregular periods but this is the first time in a long time that I started it without the help of BC! Yay me, even though I don't want to have my period. Anyway congrats to you starting yours.