Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 of the liquid phase

Hello All,

My name is Larry and I am in Chattanooga TN and my surgery is on Friday September 29th at Memorial Hospital with Dr Walter Rose.

I am excited and nervous and scared too I won't lie never had surgery but I know in my heart everything will be fine.

I am a little hungary right now but trying to keep myself occupied as I have never been on this board before

I went to a local support group at Memorial met a Very nice person who took time after to talk. I felt like I got more out of that than I did at the support group.

She is one that told me about this group. Just sitting here reading different posts have helped alot.

Any tips you have on to make it through the liquid phase as I know its more than just physical but also mental.

Have a wonderful day. I am looking at different things about life I have never looked at that one of them is spirtual side. I have not been back to church since I lived in LA as I had a bad personal expierence. So I am looking as I want someone to be there the day of my surgery Not sure.

Larry

Hi Larry and welcome to LBT! I am so glad your friend pointed you our way. This is such a wonderful board, you will get lots of support and advice here, as well as make friends along the way. One of the things I suggest is that you read the stickies at the top of all the forums. They are loaded with information that I am sure you will find to be very valuable.

I won't lie, the liquid stage is tough. My doctor had me on physician's weight loss liquids only for 17 days. I will say that after about the 3rd day, I did find I wasn't quite as hungry and my headache subsided. I am not one who believes in getting on the scale every day, once a week works for me. However, during the liquid stages I did. I found it very motivating to get on the scale every day and see the pounds literally melting away. It really did keep me going. I also worked very hard at staying away from doing the things that I normally would associate eating food with, such as sitting in front of the tv. Instead, I looked for things to keep my hands busy, such as going to LBT and typing in posts, lol.

The surgery itself is pretty much a breeze. You will get to the hospital and they will get the iv in you. Pretty soon they will add the happy juice to the iv and the next thing you remember is waking up in recovery and having a band.

Please do not be afraid to ask questions. We are all here to support one another and help each other through every stage of this journey.

Thanks Susan I really appreciate it, this board has made today a whole lot easier to deal with and it is keep me motivated I am already determined but all of you are so nice I am so glad I found the board.

Welcome to LBT! I don't have much advise for you on your liquid pre-op diet. I was lucky and only had to do it for 2 days before surgery, and 1 week post op. Hang in there though...the good news is that your weight loss will be getting a great jump start before surgery.

I have added you to our September Bandsters thread. I hope you'll get a chance to read through it (at least some of it). There are others there that had longer pre-op diets.

Best of luck!

Hi Larry,

Welcome to LBT. This is a wonderful site of great advice, knowledge and support. I am 11 days post op. I'm doing very well and have lost 12 pounds. I have two weeks of liquid/puree consistency. The first two days was Clear Liquids. After that, I started out with chicken broth, split pea Soup, and protien shakes. I added a quarter of a banana in the protien shake and added ice and pureed it. It was very filling and satisfying. I still can't finish 8oz at a sitting yet. I get full very easily. I am rarely hungry . I think its a comination of the band and ketosis.

The liquid stage for me has moved to thin puree. I started eating ricotta cheese, cottage chesse , yogurt, basically anything that rolls off a spoon easily. I also make a stewed cauliflour with diced tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and stew the cauliflour. I then mix it to a thin puree. It's very tasty.

I hope I was a little helpful. Best of luck to you in your new journey.

Hi Larry!

Welcome to LBT! I haven't been here very long myself, but everyone has been super supportive.

We share a surgery month - come check out the September Bandsters thread on the general LBT page.

I'm in day 3 of pre-op liquids. Last night I had headaches and I cheated - ate a section of a vegetable pizza, so I am no role model. If I could do it over again I probably would have gone out for a drive when the pizza was in the house.

What has kept me from really going off the deep end is drinking a ton of Water, and remembering it's not for long, and for the best cause.

Good luck!

Hey Larry, I'm your neighbor in Cleveland!! Good luck with your surgery! I had a difficult time post-op, but I survived it, and now I'm doing great! I'm losing pretty quickly, but I am on soft solids now, and I'm eating more. I'm sure the weight loss will slow down until I get a fill. Is Dr. Rose in practice with Dr. Paynter? I know I've heard his name. Where is your surgery? I paid out of pocket for my surgery, so I went to Dalton because it's cheaper!! My total was $13,900, and that includes all first year post-op visits and fills. It was well worth it!

:) Hello, I tdo not think they are in surgery together Dr Paynter I think is part of the gastric institute I had a friend who it through him. But for insurance purposes they are not a UHC PRovider so I went through one that is. Dr Walter Rose is pretty well known my surgery will be at Memorial Hospital. My will be more expensive like 17,000 but luckily my insurance will pay the majority of that? Otherwise I could not do it:mad:

So far day three going pretty good? So I am thinking for lunch I am going to use the blender and some sugar free banana pudding and make me some banana glucerna shakes. Just trying to be creative with what I can have.

:Banane22::Banane43::D:Banane10::Banane45:

Well take care

Hi

I am actually in England having a lap band done Wednesday. Have to do the pre diet for five days and already am suffering severe diarohea and tummy pains. Have cheated slightly and nibbled on pieces of cheese. My BNI is 38 so I am hoping that I will get away with it. I keep seeing visions of meat korma (my last meal before i hit this diet).

The only thing keeping me going is the waste of money if i ate and then they could not operate and they would not refund your money. £8000 down the drain!

Labradoodle

Keep on in there