Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Today is the day I became super serious about getting ready for this surgery. I finally finished my last nut visit last Thursday and papers are out to the insurance, fingers crossed. I started a pre-pre-op diet of one Protein Shake in am, one at lunch and proteon on the form of chicken, seafood, or beef and a vegetable. I had intended to start the gym today, but work took me longer than planned and had to get home to meet the school buses rolling home...maybe tomorrow. I walked into the Vitamin Shoppe today to buy Pure Protein Shakes and try an Isopure flavor ( took a sip of alpine punch, eh, not so bad). I felt bad. The girl behind the counter had this amused look on her face, seemed like she was amused at me being in there...oh well, my journey begins in earnest

bmi.png

Hi my name is Debbie, I also am a nurse, a silver sleever ( and proud of it ) my date is Oct 29th and just can't wait until it get here!. Maybe its because I'm more wise at this age but I would have never let that " IMP " smirk at me and get away with it, you know people like that need to stop :angry: she is in a health food store for Gods sake, and is there to supposedly help people who walk in, not make them feel bad. Please for the next person you need to turn her into the management...She is bad for moral and bad for business...if she treats people like that in front of others she is showing other personnel how not to treat others,and sometimes that kind of attitude rubs off on others.

I hope you get your date fast as this undoubtedly is driving you nuts. Sorry for the rant but your story makes me so mad, here you are so excited that you go into the store to get an early start on your new life, and have to put up with garbage like that...

Well said Debby.... I couldn't agree more ! People like that shouldn't be working in a health environment if they are prejudicial to "fluffy" people! Other than body builders , people like us is how they make most of their profit.... makes me see red

The most common complication (still rare though) is infection at the incision sites. Make sure the nurses are gloved when they clean/change dressings and wounds.

My patient care advocate called me today about the surgery. She reminded me to ask anyone who is doing anything with me if they have washed their hands. If you're sleeping your companion (hubby/friend) can ask on your behalf. It is your right to know, no medical professional should be offended.

Hi my name is Debbie' date=' I also am a nurse, a silver sleever ( and proud of it ) my date is Oct 29th and just can't wait until it get here!. Maybe its because I'm more wise at this age but I would have never let that " IMP " smirk at me and get away with it, you know people like that need to stop :angry: she is in a health food store for Gods sake, and is there to supposedly help people who walk in, not make them feel bad. Please for the next person you need to turn her into the management...She is bad for moral and bad for business...if she treats people like that in front of others she is showing other personnel how not to treat others,and sometimes that kind of attitude rubs off on others.

I hope you get your date fast as this undoubtedly is driving you nuts. Sorry for the rant but your story makes me so mad, here you are so excited that you go into the store to get an early start on your new life, and have to put up with garbage like that...[/quote']

I get a lot of looks, and I know people are talking about my extremely "fluffy" butt behind my back. I have gotten to the point where I have stopped wearing nice things, I wont go socialize with my friends, and when I go into the office (i work mostly from home) i go in back doors and scurry into my dept hoping no one sees me. My husband and I are native and I didn't go to one festival or powwow, something we loved to do in the past. I did take the kids to a local event, I thought I

Wouldn't meet anyone I know. i was right, and was relieved. What I dis witness was 2 girls snickering like the two girls from the sir mix-a-lo song "i like big butts" at this woman who's bottom was just a tad bigger than mine. I was angy, I was sad, I retreated back into anonimity

bmi.png

Hello my surgery date is set for October 5th in Mexico with Dr. Alvarez. I'm 40 years old ' date=' married with two kids and soon to be grandmother. Starting weight 239 . Good luck on your journey[/quote']

Be careful I live In TX about 7 minutes away from Mexico and the cartels have been having shoot outs that have lasted well into the night. Good luck on Ur surgery

Be careful I live In TX about 7 minutes away from Mexico and the cartels have been having shoot outs that have lasted well into the night. Good luck on Ur surgery

Where at in Mexico? Juarez?

Where at in Mexico? Juarez?

Great:/

Lived not too far from Juarez in the 90s. That desert is full of... Bodies, Bad guys, the cartels mostly they target eachother

bmi.png

Hopefully early October for me! I just passed the stress test today.... Woohoo! Now if I could only start eating right!

Hello my surgery date is set for October 5th in Mexico with Dr. Alvarez. I'm 40 years old ' date=' married with two kids and soon to be grandmother. Starting weight 239 . Good luck on your journey[/quote']

I am having my sleeve done with Dr. Alvarez as well on October 30 .... just 2 weeks after my birthday :-)

What a great late bday present for yourself!

Congratulations on getting your date.... I'm sure you'll do just fine on loosing those 13 lbs, you have your new family to motivate you right along! (( hugs))

I am so excited about the surgery! I went to Cosco this weekend and purchased Protein Powder, greek yogurt and Vitamins. I picked up some Cytosport whey Protein powder (vanilla) that has 27 grams of protein and only 3 grams of carbs and 140 total calories. It was alittle pricey but it was really delicious!! I am not a big fan of this greek yogurt by itself so I will have to mix it with other products.

I went to my local Market Street grocery store and purchased the PB2 powder and PB Thins! It made me fall in love with Peanut Butter all over again.

Has anyone else been shopping and purchasing preop/post op goodies yet?

Is anyone using chia seed in there preop shakes?