Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Loss Anyone? Need Advice!

All, I am almost 4 months out and I am just noticing my hair getting thin. Its really making me nervous. I am getting about 60 grams of Protein in a day an just started on Biotin. Any more advice???

I was told B12 shots will help with Hair loss. I've had two and it really gives me energy.

Well, that is great to hear. I have just started getting the shots. Thanks so much. I am willing to try anything.

I have a friend who is a beautician and she's a breast cancer survivor. Chemo therapy caused her to lose most of her hair. I was talking to her about this last night at dinner, and she suggests Nioxin. She used it even when she was almost completely bald and kept massaging it into her scalp. She now has a very nice, thick short hair cut. She's offered to get some for me so I can start using it before my surgery in hopes of getting some nourishment into my scalp before I start having this problem.

I hope that helps! :)

I lost alot of hair on 3 different occasions in my life...each time related to a stress on my body.....the first time it was from psoriasis of the scalp and my hair came out in giant clumps......second time....a bad relationship caused me to be so stressed my hair came out in handfuls until I ditched the guy.......third time it was related to bleeding heavily with my period requiring a hysterectomy.

I used Nioxin with the last occurence and it made it stop almost immediately. I have been using it every since so I am hoping that it will help prevent the Hair loss that seems inevitable with this surgery and rapid weight looss. I am only 7 weeks out and I hear it doesn't start happening until 3 or 4 months......so we shall see. I do notice a little more than usual starting to come out already :-(.

The good thing is I have alot of hair and everybody told me the other times that it wasn't noticeable....but of course when you are pulling out handfuls when you wash and brush your hair it seems like you are going bald!

Good luck.....use Nioxin.....massage your scalp to increase circulation.......take Biotin....eat your protein.........there is nothing else you can do and your body reacts to these stressors by your hair falling out.....like mine seems to do.....it will just come out anyway.

Skinny and bald is not my idea of sexy! Ha! Thank goodness it grows back!!!

I take Biotin. I use Nioxin. I take a B12 shot every month. I am also 4 months out. But my hair is still coming out by the handful. I think some of us are just more susceptible to Hair loss. I also cut my hair shorter... Still coming. But all of it won't come out. And I know it will grow back. Just gotta hold or breath and wait, I guess

Thanks so much to all of you!!! Any words of wisdom is appreciated. I will try all of this. Good Luck to all of you on your continued life changing journey. :)

I lost a little bit of hair, but I have alot so it really wasnt noticable, except for the regrowth sticking up. I know someone who had a lot of Hair loss, and we went to sallys and got some hair extentions for her. if you get real hair you can dye it whatever color your hair is and then there is the hair glue that you use to glue it in by the root. you can add them wherever you are really thin. Also getting a shorter hair cut helps disguise thin hair. In your picture your hair looks great btw. you really look wonderful! :)

as for taking anything for it, I never did...and the hair stopped falling our at about 6 months for me. good luck! :D