Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i see some ppl say there doc wants them to do a liquid diet. my doc from kaiser didnt is it that differant doc require differant things. i feel like i should be doing that also but my doc didnt tell me to or the nut. someone shed some light

I am not on a liquid diet either. I was just told to lose 5+ pounds. They said IF I could not do it on my own, then and only then would I be required to drink shakes only 1 week preop. I guess every DR is different.

Please trade Docs with me! :P

I am on day 10 of a 21 day one.

They told me to lose 5 pounds and I swear I CANT !! I think I would be better off to do the full liquid diet. You are doing great PP on your weight loss thus far.

doc wants them to do a liquid diet.

newgrandmother

pre-op i never did a liquid diet

you will find throughout your journey, that differen't doctors/ NUT do things in different way

this info comes form the official sleeve bible that we live by

thats the one thing all doc/NUTShave have in common - they are all different ;)

pay attention to what your doc/NUT says - always

good luck

liquid diet means shakes. They have alot of nutrients in them and really make you feel great before your surgery. Replace two of your meals a day with a high Protein low carb shake and have a protein and veggie for the other. You will for sure lose weight and feel alot better right before your surgery. It also helps to reduce the size of your liver so that it is not so much in the way.

Hope this helps

thanks kathy

kparker girl it was hard getting the 10 off still trying to get the last two off but ive lost a total of 18 lbs but i guess it dont matter to the doc

Ha ha ha! Isnt is so funny that I can not lose weight so I opted for surgery. But I have to lose weight first, lol. 18 Pounds is AWESOME! I will hopefully be behind you soon. I am going to GNC to get some ZeroCarb Isopure tonight. I am gonna just put myself on the diet. :)

liquid diet does not only mean shakes, YOu can do Jello, jello Water, Soup, broth, shakes, water, juices (no sugar or juice your own fresh fruit) some even allow yogurt. It is 2 fold- 1 to get a jumpstart to your weight loss and to shrink your liver and also an indication to the doctor to see how you will adhere to the rest of the program. I know several physicians that have opted NOT to do surgery if they patient is not able to do pre op as they ordered...

k parker dont get the red one