Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Compliments From The Father-In-Law

I went and saw my FIL today (first time since surgery) and as soon as i walked up to him he said hola and right after said in spanish wow Te vez mas flaca meaning wow you look skinnier...lol it felt good but it was so hard for me to take it as a compliment rather then take it offensively. He of course asked if it was from being sick and if im better now? The thing is my mother in law knows all about my surgery because she is like my best friend so i of course told her (shes lives in Mexico while my father in law lives here to work and support the family) but my FIL does not really know exactly everything about my surgery i assume by him asking if im better and not sick anymore that my MIL told him i was sick and had surgery. In the end feels good to know that whatever lil weight ive lost since Aug 7th is visible at that by someone who i hardly since and didnt really realize how much he paid attention to me...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What I mean is, you don't HAVE to tell him anything.

If it ain't broke' date=' don't fix it. What I mean is, you don't HAVE to tell him anything.[/quote']

Lol yeah i dont plan on it hes one of those very judgemental people last thing i need is his input but it did feel good to know that he noticed. Hes not the type to show emotions and hasnt really ever had to try and have a close relationship with me half the time we would go visit i felt like i was invisible but guess he notices fat to slimmer cause im far off from skinny.lol

I'm kinda going through that now with my mother in law. She wasn't too supportive and wanted me to diet on my own instead of going the surgical route. My husband called her to tell her I was doing well after surgery so she knows I had it. But it's been an entire week since I had the surgery. I've posted things on Facebook (nothing about my surgery) so she knows I'm home and has yet to call us to ask how I'm doing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I guess I'm disappointed she could have at least called to check up on me considering we dont live in the same city...

I'm kinda going through that now with my mother in law. She wasn't too supportive and wanted me to diet on my own instead of going the surgical route. My husband called her to tell her I was doing well after surgery so she knows I had it. But it's been an entire week since I had the surgery. I've posted things on Facebook (nothing about my surgery) so she knows I'm home and has yet to call us to ask how I'm doing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion' date=' but I guess I'm disappointed she could have at least called to check up on me considering we dont live in the same city...[/quote']

Im sorry you are going through that. I totally understand and i think my husband felt that his dad wasbt going to show concern or even support my decision so he decided not to tell him. A part of me feels that we should tell him so that he doesnt go on thinking that im sick more and more that i lose. I mean know we can always say im dieting and exercising but i just fear ghe day will come that someone will say something and then all hell will break loose because we werent honest with him. The past month i think hes been trying to have a closer relationship with me and i would hate it if not being upfront with him changes that. I pray that she comes to her senses and realizes that whats done is done and you will still be her daughter in law so eventually shes going to have to get over it.I wish you the very best and wish you a speedy recovery. If your ever feeling down or just need someone to talk to PM me ill be here. ;-)

Thank you. She is a firm believer of natural healing but there some things that just don't work for me and the dieting I did and gym didn't work enough to get rid of my diabetes. The good thing is we don't live in the same city. She will get over it when she sees how healthy and happy I will be, the funny part is that my husband just had Lipo and I'm sure she'll blame me for that one! Ha! Oh well I had nothing to do with that one. I'm finding the more I talk about it here, the more it seems less important to me.