Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will my tightness

ease up a little in the next few days.......I was filled for the 3rd time on Tuesday and I am soooo dang tight.........I have went through this before and was partially unfilled and then this time we talked in detail about not filling me too tight...so when he done my fill he gave me a 75% fill as to not make me sooo tight but I am tight as heck :faint: :angry ....I cannot hardly get down anything but liquids of course...I mean I am not dehydrated or anything but today should be a mushy stage day and I cannot even begin to get down some mashed potatoes or even soup.....think I could just be swollen a little and it will ease up..I hate to make that 3 hour trip AGAIN to get a little taken out to only go back and have it put back in 2 months from now....ARGGGGGG! any suggestions?:help:

Carla, only time will tell. You know enough to know that staying too tight is no way to go. Stick to liquids longer if you want; there's no reason to rush back to solid foods if they're not comfortable for you. But if you are having any trouble with liquids an unfill is in order.

Good luck, and stay healthy!!

Thanks Alexandra...liquids is fine...I can get down any kinds of liquids but solids are a definite NO NO....I tried some mashed potatoes last night..nope...no way....but choc milk.....protein shakes etc are fine.....i think I will give it a couple of days and see what happens......thanks

Carla, also keep in mind that as little as one tenth of a cc can make or break restriction for someone. It looks like your surgeon is going in full cc increments, but maybe it's time for him to step down to quarter ccs or something. I know a girl locally who literally goes from no restriction to really tight restriction with 1/10 cc.

ease up a little in the next few days.......I was filled for the 3rd time on Tuesday and I am soooo dang tight.........I have went through this before and was partially unfilled and then this time we talked in detail about not filling me too tight...so when he done my fill he gave me a 75% fill as to not make me sooo tight but I am tight as heck :faint: :angry ....I cannot hardly get down anything but liquids of course...I mean I am not dehydrated or anything but today should be a mushy stage day and I cannot even begin to get down some mashed potatoes or even soup.....think I could just be swollen a little and it will ease up..I hate to make that 3 hour trip AGAIN to get a little taken out to only go back and have it put back in 2 months from now....ARGGGGGG! any suggestions?:help:

I am the QUEEN of unfills. I have had 6 fills and 4 unfills. Dr. Malley says my stomach is just super sensitive to adjustment/fills. When we have done the unfills he usually backs off about 1/2 of the last fill. I got a fill Monday and have done great this time,,,,,,,,,,,,,then this a.m. my coffee came back up.................I just got some warm tea down an it is 4:11. I am now trying little nibbles of a Protein bar........This band is so fickle.

Good Luck. Don't stay too tight as I ended up with an IV and magnesium infusion the last time I tried to TOUGH It out.

Keep us posted.

I am wondering the same exact thing! I have been feeling stuck since yesterday.:cry I got my third fill on Weds. Prior to that one I had no restriction. They gave me .5 cc. Later that night I had some Tomato Soup and felt ok. Yesterday I tried some thicker potato/bacon Soup and had the worst pain in my chest.:puke: Then later last night I had one chicken soft taco and I thought I was going to die...ended up pb'ing but still had the tightness in my chest even after the pb.:omg: This morning I got some coffee at my local coffee shop and they had some bananna bread that looked soooo good. I was feeling better and I thought maybe I could "prime" my band with the coffee and then eat the bananna bread. WRONG!!!! I ended up screaming at myself in the car like a lunatic, "NO BREAD...Damn it NO BREAD" :faint: all the way home. The pain in my chest didn't go away until a few minutes ago.

Thanks everyone for the advice......Jack...you are so right about the choc.milk...I only had a small amount JUST FOR a little bit of nutrition..and it did help....Housecat girl...I am LOL at you...I know the feeling.."I am feeling okay...I am sure this will go down just fine...lol" and then you feel that all too familiar golf ball and know that the PB is about to begin and you are kicking yourself ALLLL the way to the toilet......LOL...but I am doing a little better today..managed to get about 6 bites of runny egg down a sec ago..so we are starting to loosen UP!!!! *clapping my hands*

Kayford and Wheetsin- I can relate to that because I am ultra ultra sensitive about fills.....I had one unfill and the doc and I talked about it this time before he did my fill and he only did my about 75%- said he could have put more but stopped so I dont think I am FULL like he thinks I could have been...so I assume I am sensitive to fills as well.... but thankfully I am starting to be able to get a little down so I am feeling better..it really wasnt so much about the eating as it was about needing some nutrition..I felt like I was weak and hungry and didnt have any energy..........Thanks everyone!

Anyone have a surefire way to ease morning tightness? I don't think I am too full because in the evening I can eat everything. I have tried coffee and tea in the am and it hasn't helped. I do have allergy/sinus trouble and I heard post-nasal drip at night may contribute. I've used all my nasal sprays, allergy pills, etc. and it hasn't seemed to help either. Any suggestions welcome. I have Dr. Ortiz's book and it suggests a few glasses of Water, but even that hurts! I usually pack some yogurt in my lunch bag and can get it down by about 10-11 am at work, but I wish I could have a nice Breakfast like I used to!(just Cereal and an apple-not anything "bad" like french toast-haha!)

Thanks Jack. I just always took the "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" addage very seriously. I've always been a breakfast eater. I have been doing Protein Drinks and smoothies since that is all that will go down, so I'll stick with that.

Socalgal3, You are so lucky girl!:clap2: I really think you have good restriction. I can't eat until evening and even liquids are still uncomfortable,:P although I can usually keep them down. One suggestion...we had Breakfast for dinner last night because I have been craving scrambled eggs. It was yummy!:confused: If you miss the cereal/apple, maybe you could have it for lunch or dinner sometime. If it's a nutritional concern...a Protein Shake whenever you can get it down should do it.:biggrin1: