Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Out Today How Is Everyone Else Doing ?

I am only about 7 days out. Feeling pretty good. I look foward to being able to have coffee again. My doc says no coffee until the 6 week checkup is finished. The first week of recovery was rougher than I thought it would be but, so far I seem to be progressing well.

I was sleeved Aug 6, still on liqueds for 3 more weeks. I feel good the only

pain is right side where muscle wall was cut. This just starded over the week end But,

Doc stated this is normal healing.Down 30 lbs and stopped 5 out of 6 Meds.

Good Luck

You're inspiring me! My surgery is coming up Sept.8.

Wow! You guys are doing awesome! I am two weeks away from my surgery. Did you guys get nervous before surgery? It is good to know not everyone has a lot of issues with recovery!

I'm getting very nervous, but excited, if that even makes any sense.

Started my pre-op diet and so far doing okay.

I was very nervous. One day I would think it was the right hing to do, other days I thought I must be insane for doing this... But, in the end I really do think I made the right choice. I am not going to lie about it there were times I questioned that while lying in the hospital bed. At least two instances in that 2 day 1 night stay where I was nearly overwhelemed. But, for me getting out of the hospital was a huge thing. I had surgery Tuesay at the crack of dawn and was feeling well enough to mow the lawn by Friday. But, I try to be a realist and remember Tuesday and Wednesday when I thought I might not make it. Was never in any real danger but hospitals are just poor places to recover. They keep waking you up in the night so you can never sleep etc. Plus, the protien shake I had to drink as part of my discharge goal was so thick and syrupy it was terrible. But, now that I am on the mend I am up working a little today, then taking my kids to the zoo. I do look forward to the return to a more normal diet. I miss not sitting at the dinner table with my family. I do some nights and drink my Protein Shake but, that seems like tempting the lion so I usually just busy myself during those times. At this point I am hungry some but still not to bad. On the plus side I have lost almost 30 lbs in the last three weeks alone.

I am 19 days out, and feeling fine. No complications whatsoever, it is working exactly how it's supposed to.

It's quite a different way of eating. I still get hungry, and when I do, I still *think* I want a whole pizza or a 16oz ribeye. But I start eating, and BOOM I'm full after a few bites. I mean, stuffed, can't eat another bite full.

My NP asks me how satisfied I feel after eating a half-cup meal, and I tell her to ask me next time because I can only eat 1/4c meals.