Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Idk I'm Gonna Ever Enjoy Food Anymore

Are you sure you're really truly hungry or is it "head hunger"? Don't push yourself too hard, I did and ended u with a leak among various other complications. At 2 weeks I was on full liquids still (and at 3 months, still am). If you like clam chowder, strain Phillips clam chowder (in the frozen food section). Best clam chowder I've ever had!!! Are you getting in enough to drink? Enough Protein? Another thing I've fallen in love with is Rita's ice and freeze pops. Check with your NUT first, but mine has me on sugar, not sf and I feel like it helps a lot. Sf stuff makes me sick, and the ones that don't just taste awful and sour.

Are you sure you're really truly hungry or is it "head hunger"? Don't push yourself too hard' date=' I did and ended u with a leak among various other complications. At 2 weeks I was on full liquids still (and at 3 months, still am). If you like clam chowder, strain Phillips clam chowder (in the frozen food section). Best clam chowder I've ever had!!! Are you getting in enough to drink? Enough Protein? Another thing I've fallen in love with is Rita's ice and freeze pops. Check with your NUT first, but mine has me on sugar, not sf and I feel like it helps a lot. Sf stuff makes me sick, and the ones that don't just taste awful and sour.[/quote']

How u new u had a leak? I'm doing better I'm able to eat.chicken noodle.soup ice pops Protein shakes and all I can to have down I'm on day 14 and I think it head hunger because I'm.seeing everyone eat.

I got REALLY sick. After my surgery I did pretty good, Iwas even eating bits of fruit. Within a could weeks I wasn't able to even take my meds let alone liquids, I threw EVERYTHING up, and if I didn't have anything I dry heaved. I couldn't stand up, I got dizzy, exhausted, felt like I was going to pass out. They did a ton of tests and a week later when they had me all sorts of medicated(quite frankly over medicated, I don't remember most of that week) they did the swallow test they do when you first have it done and a ct scan and found 2 teeny tiny grey areas. A week later they were still there. I don't think I ever cried so much in my life. its fixed though now!!!!

We have the fair coming up on September 22...if I cannot eat, I am going to buy a ton of these really good, and small meatballs, and put them in a tupperware container to bring home. I'll freeze them in sandwich bags, and get them out when I can eat. I love those meatballs and wish I could have them year-round. I cannot seem to duplicate the best meatballs I've had, either...and that would be one of them.

I'm so terrified of ripping my new stomache, I would never risk it...but I, too, am wondering what the general time frame is for having real food...like if I could must a meatball all up and eat that at the fair.

I want to know how long it would take for me to eat a chicken salad or turkey burger

I am 5 weeks out and I can eat both. I just have to chew really well! The only things I have found that don't agree with me so far are canteloupe and green Beans. Corn isn't great either. Dairy makes me feel a little heavy, but I can tolerate it.

I am 5 weeks out and I can eat both. I just have to chew really well! The only things I have found that don't agree with me so far are canteloupe and green Beans. Corn isn't great either. Dairy makes me feel a little heavy' date=' but I can tolerate it.[/quote']

I wish

It has been 2.5 months since my surgery, and I couldn't care less about food. It is something I need, not look foward to. This fact doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I consider it GREAT collateral damage!