Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG.....I had NO idea!

Well.....it's definitely official I am now a member of the PB club!

I had my first fill 8 days ago and since day 4 my restriction seems to be getting tighter and tighter.

This morning I decided to have a piece of toast and vegimite for Breakfast (I have done this a few times in the last 4 weeks and never had a problem).

Half way through I got that "stuck in the throat feeling" so I figured I was full and threw the rest of the toast away.

I then decided to have a shower when I felt this awful pain across my back and chest like a vice was being slowly tightened around it.

Then all of a sudden....up came the slime... followed very closely by the toast. (I swear 1/2 a piece of toast went down and it looked like 1/2 a bloody loaf came back up!):girl_hug:

All I can say is..... Thank God I was in the shower at the time, it was NOT a pretty sight....YUCK!

I haven't had a PB yet. Everyone seems to have had one. I guess it is something that happens when you have restriction more than just the band itself.

Been there done it. I have a 4cc band and it is already over half full. I received first fill July 7th and the second fill August 18th. After the first fill there was some restriction but I still had a healthy appetite. After the 2nd fill I have had a lot of those day where I have to 'up-chuck' after a couple of bites (or swallows). The problem for me is that I do not chew my food before I swallow. I am a gulper. I take a few bites, swallow and and repeat. I was advised that I need to chew ...(are you ready for this?)...at least 40 times before I attempt to swallow. This does work but it makes a meal last a lot longer than I am accustomed to and there is a flip side to this. I actually enjoy mealtime. It is a relaxing time for me.

The band does seem to tighter some days more than others. The flip side of this is that the weight is coming off and I am not malnourished.

GRay

230/218/201/142

Highest/band-day/current/goal

Yup yup, I have the back pain too. Not a pleasant experience is it? If I hadn't read this site, and consequently had a good idea what was happening during my first PB, I would have panicked b/c who would have thought it could hurt that much?

As you get more personal with your PBs, you learn their intricacies and individual personalities, and will soon start to attribute different characteristics to each of your new friends. ;)

Welcome to the club!! LOL!! I had one in the middle of a diner and slimed in my hand because I had no idea it was coming!!!! :omg: Now that's embarrassing!!! I would have much preferred to PB in the shower!!!

OK the real question is "why were you eating toast"? I know, I know, some people can eat it. However, most doctors tell you no bread. Also, what you could eat unfilled is not the same things you can eat filled. I'm getting off my soap box now, but we really need to follow the rules. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to keep all of this real. For you and for me. There are consequences for not following the rules.

Bad things can happen even when we do obey the rules. Both of my PBs were 6-9 days after a fill, on mushy food that I had chewed and chewed and chewed. I don't recover from them and after several days of not eating I've had to go have a slight unfill.

Barbara465.....I AM following my "lapband rules".

My doctor and dietician have never told me I cannot eat bread or toast.

Each Lapbander has different "rules" and mine INCLUDE bread and toast (just chew, chew,chew)

Jojo,

I havnt had my first fill yet but I was also told no bread. But heaven knows, IVE HAD IT. It seems like you always gotta try it out for yourself. Just ignore the "almighty" posters