Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I confess that I never thought about it before surgery but I feel kind of guilty I am getting fit and my daughter and son are still struggling daily to loose weight unsuccessfully and it was MY behavior and food addiction and the way I fed them growing up that made them that way ;(

weight.png

I confess that I cheat a little everyday and I need to stop that!

I confess that this will be the first year that I am not dreading the season change due to not having clothes for the new season.

I confess that I did not expect to still struggle daily with food concerns after surgery.

I confess that I am always concerned about gaining it all back.

I confess that I browse this site SEVERAL times a day.

From a professional prespective' date=' referring to food as an addiction, I would wait before adding those bites of foods that were trigger points to your bingeing as well as the emotions that you were experiencing at he same time. I know personally and professionally that when ever I take a bite of my favorite food, which is homemade tacos, that I will over eat to a point of discomfort. So I stay away from tacos. I know that I'm addicted to high fats, sugar, and salt and when I haven't had any of those foods high in fat, sugar, and salt, I no longer have cravings for that. As a therapist, I recommend to my clients that they read David Kessler's book on "No more overeating." That book gives a clear picture of what the food industry gets people hooked on food.

So I highly recommend that you stick to following dietary rules and form new eating habits and work with your therapist in identifying triggers to your binge eating and learn new coping skills to express the emotional part to binge eating. And this is going to be pretty much everyone's job from here on out. We will be successful.

Keep ROCKIN that sleeve. Thank you for sharing with us Fiddleman! :) [/quote']

Im an addictions major, i completely agree with you! And also a diagnosed binge eater.

Im an addictions major' date=' i completely agree with you! And also a diagnosed binge eater.[/quote']

Not to self incriminate myself, but I must fit the classic profile of having an addiction personality. Lol. I always have to do something 100% or not at all, so I am a terrible example of moderation. After WLS, i have decided to let my passion and inner strength drive a lot of activities in my life from work, to fitness, to eating well, to forming meaningful relationships with others. Before WLS, food controlled me and I had a hard time finding my authentic self. For it is the authentic self that leads to a fulfilling life of abundance and joy that can be shared with others.

Not to self incriminate myself' date=' but I must fit the classic profile of having an addiction personality. Lol. I always have to do something 100% or not at all, so I am a terrible example of moderation. After WLS, i have decided to let my passion and inner strength drive a lot of activities in my life from work, to fitness, to eating well, to forming meaningful relationships with others. Before WLS, food controlled me and I had a hard time finding my authentic self. For it is the authentic self that's leads to a fulfilling life of abundance and joy that can be shared with others.[/quote']

I took a screen shot of that and will read it daily as a reminder. :)

From a professional prespective' date=' referring to food as an addiction, I would wait before adding those bites of foods that were trigger points to your bingeing as well as the emotions that you were experiencing at he same time. I know personally and professionally that when ever I take a bite of my favorite food, which is homemade tacos, that I will over eat to a point of discomfort. So I stay away from tacos. I know that I'm addicted to high fats, sugar, and salt and when I haven't had any of those foods high in fat, sugar, and salt, I no longer have cravings for that. As a therapist, I recommend to my clients that they read David Kessler's book on "No more overeating." That book gives a clear picture of what the food industry gets people hooked on food.

So I highly recommend that you stick to following dietary rules and form new eating habits and work with your therapist in identifying triggers to your binge eating and learn new coping skills to express the emotional part to binge eating. And this is going to be pretty much everyone's job from here on out. We will be successful.

Keep ROCKIN that sleeve. Thank you for sharing with us Fiddleman! :) [/quote']

Thanks, I am going to order that book on my kindle. Ever see the movie food, inc or super size me? Those were both an eye opener for me a few years ago.

I have watched Super Size me and was totally affected by it. I don't eat at fast food places except for El Pollo Loco for grilled chicken and I keep portion sizes way down. Now the movie food inc I just decided I didn't need to see it because It pulls at all my emotions. I pretty much try to eat organic, non processed foods. I do eat meat but will pay more for higher quality of meat and eggs. I guess if the truth is to be known, I don't want to give up my meats and if I see that movie, I would have to face my reality of the way our food industry treats animals. I do chose to eat cage free, non stressed out eggs........

I confess that I never thought about it before surgery but I feel kind of guilty I am getting fit and my daughter and son are still struggling daily to loose weight unsuccessfully and it was MY behavior and food addiction and the way I fed them growing up that made them that way ;(

weight.png

I can so relate to this. It upsets me so much that I didn't deal with things earlier so that my two beautiful daughters didn't have to struggle now. And then I open my mouth and all they hear is, "Blah, blah, blah," and said, "But you had surgery, it's easier for you." It breaks my heart. I hope that I can somehow help them because I know they will be happier being healthier.

I confess that I really don't think I will ever be a "normal" weight even though I am losing.

I confess that I am afraid my hair will never grow back and I will end up like women I know with half their scalp showing through the few sprigs of hair they have left.

I confess that I really don't want to exercise but I know I have to for my metabolism and health's sake.

I confess that I am excited to start traveling again!

I confess that I really want my husband to lose like 30 - 35 pounds too, so we can both be attractive to each other again.

Not to self incriminate myself' date=' but I must fit the classic profile of having an addiction personality. Lol. I always have to do something 100% or not at all, so I am a terrible example of moderation. After WLS, i have decided to let my passion and inner strength drive a lot of activities in my life from work, to fitness, to eating well, to forming meaningful relationships with others. Before WLS, food controlled me and I had a hard time finding my authentic self. For it is the authentic self that leads to a fulfilling life of abundance and joy that can be shared with others.[/quote']

Well said Fiddleman! Well said

I'm still amazed at how much I used food to avoid issues in my life. I didn't realize what a crutch/addiction it was until this surgery.

Now I am learning to live with the good and the bad without food. It's hard.

I confess:

1. That I hardly excercise

2. I do not schedule my food correctly so I'm usually hungry because I'm not eating often

3. I count calories but don't always mind what I eat (although I make sure it had protein)

4. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day n two alcoholic beverages a week

5. I never thought this would be so hard, 5 months out and I still haven't taught myself all the rules....

I feel like a failure and its depressing however I've lost over 70 lbs and its still working but I know in my heart, I can do much better if I got more serious... And yes I agree with others who feel some fellow sleevers can be very judgmental and forget they were fat once too with poor habits...

I confess:

2. I do not schedule my food correctly so I'm usually hungry because I'm not eating often

3. I count calories but don't always mind what I eat (although I make sure it had protein)

5. I never thought this would be so hard, 5 months out and I still haven't taught myself all the rules....

I feel like a failure and its depressing however I've lost over 70 lbs and its still working but I know in my heart, I can do much better if I got more serious... And yes I agree with others who feel some fellow sleevers can be very judgmental and forget they were fat once too with poor habits...

I confess:

5. I never thought this would be so hard' date=' 5 months out and I still haven't taught myself all the rules....

I feel like a failure and its depressing however I've lost over 70 lbs and its still working but I know in my heart, I can do much better if I got more serious... And yes I agree with others who feel some fellow sleevers can be very judgmental and forget they were fat once too with poor habits...[/quote']

I feel like you do about the rules. I don't follow them to the letter and I know I can do better. I also wish I could post but people on this site are so hard on each other I wouldn't dare less I get a response about how stupid it is that I cut out 85 percent of my stomach and still have some bad habits. One thing I have learned is that I am only human and that it's ok to be imperfect. In any case you are not alone in this.

I feel like you do about the rules. I don't follow them to the letter and I know I can do better. I also wish I could post but people on this site are so hard on each other I wouldn't dare less I get a response about how stupid it is that I cut out 85 percent of my stomach and still have some bad habits. One thing I have learned is that I am only human and that it's ok to be imperfect. In any case you are not alone in this.

Thank u for saying that. It feels good not to be alone. I hate that I've gone through emotional and physical pain to live healthier and yet I'm still struggling.....

The thread that is about anything but cheese burgers. I am taking bets on how long it will live! :) *** oops wrong thread lol ***