Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help! Losing Faith This Will Work!

I has my surgery on 8/6 (Monday). Even though I wasn't keeping much of any liquid down, I was discharged on Thursday. Saw the surgeon Friday. I found out I have a stricture about 2/3 the way down. Minimal Fluid getting through. Dispite my greatest efforts, I was dehydrated by Sunday evening. So Monday morning I went back to surgeon's office. Another surgeon in the practice set me up to be admitted and he fluids to rehydrate.

It is now Tuesday. I am not allowed to drink ANYTHING, even ice chips. The plan is MAYBE an upper GI tomorrow to see if the stricture is getting better, but probably Thursday. After that, they dont have a plan. I am losing the ability to stay positive really quickly. I am so depressed. I don't know why I did this and I wonder if I will ever be able to drink again.

Does any know anyone who had this happen this early on??? What was the outcome for them?? Am I doomed??

Please stay encouraged. I was in a simular situation. My hospital stay went from two days to eight days. During my stay I had to get tubes placed down my throat, and could not eat either. No one knows what the problem was. If I could change I would still get the sleeve. Your stomach is still swollen and needs time to heal. Rest Rest Rest....your body heals the most when you are sleeping(I found this to be true)Trust that trouble does not last always.I prayed and cryed. This is a process but I bet you that when this is all over you will not regret it. Your body just needs to heal. I am 10 weeks out and still throw up at times. Please be patient. Your body will let you know when it can move on. Keep drinks with you at all times to avoid being dehyrated. As a matter of fact, that is all that I was able to do for a while. Keep the faith! It will be ok....Dont get depressed....it is light at the end of the tunnel....trust me...I had first hand experience. Inbox me if you would like to chat sometimes!

Here is the post that I posted when I was in the hospital:

was sleeved on 5/30. I am still at the hospital...surgery was fine until i got in the room...got a x ray and it showed no leaks..i kept vomiting every ten minutes it seemed like. The doctor decided the next day on saturday to see what was causing me to continue vomoiting...i had chest pains that felt like gas was being stuck inside..when i woke up i had a feeding tube down my throat continue out of my nose...i just started crying because it was so uncomfortable. With the help of God i made i thru the night

I got in the shower and even took morning wall down the hall i sat on my bed and began chocking and gagging on the feeding...it had to be pulled out...im now worried about what is next? The doctor described it as my stomach fluids are causing me to throw up that is why the feeding tube was in place to divrt my fluids down instead of up.i am now having freguent buile movements but is still throwing up even though i havent ate or dranked anything...if i knew i would have had these problems i would have never turned to the sleeve...i am just want this to be all over...can someone please let me know how the got thru this..i dont want any one to see me like this.....i am getting deppressed because i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel...i know this too shall pass..please keep me in your prayers!

The morning after my surgery I was taken down for a leak test. After they removed my NG tube, I drank several sips of dye, while the tech maneuvered the fluoroscope to get pictures. The radiologist saw immediately that the lining of my sleeve was so inflamed that the dye wasn't passing through...at all. I threw up the dye, after several minutes, was taken back to my room, and suffered through having another NG tube inserted (while I was awake...it was horrible!). The NG tube stayed in Gordon 5 more days...nothing to drink...only a sponge to keep my lips and mouth moist the entire time. Thank God I never experienced hunger!! On the 6th day the tube was removed, and I was allowed to try sips of Water (which went down with no problem), and then clear broth. The following day I was allowed to go home, on full liquids. I was given liquid Zantac, to help with acid, and had Prevacid added, several weeks later, when I started having breakthrough acid reflx. I'm now 8 weeks post-op, 40 pounds lighter, and a believer in following my surgeon's instructions to the letter...and in taking my meds/supplements religiously. Try not to let a set-back get the better of you....take each day in stride, know that you WILL get better, and allow your body to heal...in its own time. Best of luck to you!