Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got banded 6-21-04

I just got banded yesterday at Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga TN, by DR Rose. IT HURTS!!!!! Mostly getting up from sitting down. My doctor had place my port in the middle of chest instead of the lower left side of my stomach. He said that's the new procedure, because it's more stable there and won't tend to move after you begin to losing weight. Plus also it's harder for patients to get to, becuase some patients were deflating the band themsleves so they can eat more. Talk about CRAZY. I don't understand why somebody would do that, but he said it has happen, more than once. But overall, im getting around ok and I can only sleep no more than 2 hours at time so far.

post-204019-13813131251257_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Cmore!!

I thought the surgery hurt too, but the worst of it will be over by two weeks out. Take it easy, and try not to do too much. It's time to baby yourself!

I was told to walk as much as I can. Plus also, I've read about people having major gas after surgery. I havn't released any gas at all and I still fill very tight in my stomach. I haven't had any problems with drinking liquids. (apple juice and propell). Is this normal for some people?

It got pretty rough during the first week for me. Gas and pain. It passed quickly, though. At 3 weeks I feel great.

Hope your recovery is easy and fast.:)

Hi Cmore, congratulations on your banding! It sounds like you're doing absolutely fine, and you'll feel an improvement each day from here on out.

Why do you think it might be unusual for you not to be having a problem with liquids? Liquids are prescribed at this stage of the game, so YES, they should be easy to drink. Just take it slow and listen to your body, and if something hurts stop doing it.

Hope your recovery is smooth!! :)

Thanks for the support. On my Dr.'s list it's says if i'm not having problems drinking Clear Liquids after 3 days i can move into more different types of liquids. (besides CLEAR). I do feel little better today. I slept better last night. 2:00am-4:10am ZZZZZ, got up for 15 minutes and fell back to sleep 4:25am-8:45am. I'm still very sore, but i'm getting around better than before. Plus my cuts are not bleeding anymore. I'm hoping I can go back to work by sunday night.

Hi,

I was banded on June 30th, and they also placed my port in the mid-lower chest area. I swear it is almost right across from the band! I am doing pretty good and planning on going to work on Wednesday. It was pretty cool seeing it all during my xray the day after surgery. I am pretty tall, but I feel the port and band sitting there, or at least it feels like it. I am sure that feeling will go away in time.

Best of Luck to you!

Kathy