Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Italian's And Sunday Dinner

Just wondering how is all the Italians out here are doin with out doing the whole Sunday Pasta meal cause the fat guy in me is crying third week wit out my fav meal but my weight loss over powers the meal lmao (also anyone else who does a Sunday dinner or anything else I like to hear doesn't just have to be Italians)

My husband is Italian and we enjoy his grandmas meals on Sundays... Well I should say my kids and him still do, I enjoy less food but still love love the family time :)

I have a big family who are big on celebrating. I have learnt that what is important to me is the time with the family, not the food. Previously, the food and drink held big appeal! But now I know I get pleasure from time with them.

Fortunately they are all super supportive so no pressure to eat anything and they take extra care not to wave food around under my nose!

I am doing my pre-op diet and you'd have thought I stuck a knife in my parents' heart yesterday when I couldn't eat Italian Sunday dinner! I have been trying to think ahead of how I will handle it post op. Luckily, the table is usually loud and chaotic so the lack of food on my plate won't be noticed. I will ask my mother to cook chicken breast in sauce along with the bracciole, pork, meatballs. I will probably be happy enough to taste the sauce, eat whatever vegetable and a bit of fruit for dessert. I will need to sit far away from dad though... "macaroni will never hurt you, have some more wine, here taste this olive oil on the bread, etc".

I'm sure your family (like mine) celebrates everything with a table full of food but we really know it's more about the people, the conversation, and closeness that is the best part.

Good luck on Sundays...we are going to need it!

Eat the salad and the sausage and the Sunday gravy over zucchini or a tiny bit of whole wheat Pasta. Add some ricotta and mozzarella. I don't know about you all, but bracciole is still on my menu. I just cut out the breadcrumbs when I make it. Even if someone else makes it, it's a little thing. There's not that much in there.

Last time my dad made meatballs, he cut the breadcrumbs way down. I also still eat hot Italian sausage and Alpino, Genoa and Buon Gusto salami and cacciocavallo and aged provolone cheese and pepperoni and soprasata and ....

Just cut the Pasta and bread. It's not that much of a sacrifice in the end. Grill that zucchini brushed in olive oil then top with sauce. YUM!

MMMMMMMM bracciole!!!