Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Day Of My Pre-Op Diet

So I started my pre-op diet this morning. I'm starving I hope I can get though this for 2 weeks. Why is it some people don't have to do a 2 week diet? My niece only had 1 day of pre-op diet don't understand why some dr's requires 1day and some do 2 weeks. I know I have to srink my liver but really does it really take 2 weeks to do it?

I am in the midst of a 30 day diet! So 2 weeks sounds great! LOL My surgery is August 22nd and I'm counting down! It gets easier after about day 4. It's still very difficult to smell food cooking or be out in public, makes me wanna cheat! Haven't cheated and won't cheat, I want this surgery/tool to help me improve my life! Good luck to you, it will be worth it!!!

Wow Melissa I guess I didn't know people had to go 30 days. I thought 2 weeks was long. I'm sorry. I wish you luck! I did hear that after the 4 day it gets easier. I know it will be worth it in the long run. My surgery is the 27th can't wait!!! Good luck to you!!

Wow Melissa I guess I didn't know people had to go 30 days. I thought 2 weeks was long. I'm sorry. I wish you luck! I did hear that after the 4 day it gets easier. I know it will be worth it in the long run. My surgery is the 27th can't wait!!! Good luck to you!!

Good Luck to you as well!!!

I'm using BetterMD protien shakes I had to order it though my Dr. It don't taste to bad 5 shakes a day and there is a Fiber drink or make it into Jello 1 time at night. I'm on day 4 its getting easier.

Right there with you ladies I started my pre op diet yesterday. Had a head ache most of the day but I kept telling myself it was my body ridding itself of the toxins. My day is scheduled in Salisbury Md with Dr. Sofronski on 8. 21. So excited!!!

Hi everyone, I have 3 wks of pre-op diet , I haven't started the liquid phase not till the 32nd , but It will all be worth it at the end or I should say the beginning of a better life..

Hi everybody..I'm on day 8 of my liquid diet ...6 more days to go. ..my surgery is the 21st I'm excited yet petrified.. lol...and to top it off ..I start a new job on the 4th of Sept ..exactly 2 weeks after my surgery ....no looking forward to being sore and having to go to work lol

My surgery is at Christiana hospital in Newark de

I'm not there yet Belinda - just waiting on approval but I was told 24-48 hours for my doc and the other one doesn't require it at all. Interdiction isn't it? I asked why and told her I noticed all the differences on the thread and she said it depends on surgeon preference and how comfortable they are. The one doc doesn't feel the liver is in her way enough to have people on such diets. I do secretly wish they would make me do it for at least a week. Then I could have a pre surgery loss because I know I won't do it without them telling me I have to. I'm very good about following doctor's orders. But not my own ;)

What the heck is interdiction? I meant interesting. Gotta love spell check

I'm not there yet Belinda - just waiting on approval but I was told 24-48 hours for my doc and the other one doesn't require it at all. Interdiction isn't it? I asked why and told her I noticed all the differences on the thread and she said it depends on surgeon preference and how comfortable they are. The one doc doesn't feel the liver is in her way enough to have people on such diets. I do secretly wish they would make me do it for at least a week. Then I could have a pre surgery loss because I know I won't do it without them telling me I have to. I'm very good about following doctor's orders. But not my own ;)

Do you think you could follow a pre op diet even if your MD didn't require one and you want to do it for self gratification? I am doing two weeks of high protein/low fat and low carbs and 1 wk of Clear liquids.

Do you think you could follow a pre op diet even if your MD didn't require one and you want to do it for self gratification? I am doing two weeks of high protein/low fat and low carbs and 1 wk of Clear Liquids.< /p>

I'm not sure if I would or not I would for sure say away from fat and stick to high Protein and just don't over eat.

Good luck on approval. I know my niece just had gastric bypass and she didn't have to do a pre-op diet at all. She is have the head hunger now so I think its probley a good idea to have a pre-op diet just to get your body use to not eating. I'm on day 4 and its not to bad I'm hoping to loss 10lbs at least! Good luck to you!!!!