Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help In Texas! :-)

I have not received my surgery date yet, but have finished all the major steps. I have had consultations with the surgeon, dietician, psychologist and finance dept. Now that I feel like I am so close, my husband wants me to "shop around". I know we won't find anywhere less expensive but he wants to see if there is somewhere closer to home. We live in the Lubbock area.

My problem is when I try to find a surgeon getting information is like pulling teeth! All they want to do is schedule you for more seminars. Why can't there be an easier way to get the info I need?! Anyone in Texas have any recommendations or info on surgeons in my area? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would stay where your are, you might have to do all that again if ou switch.

There's nothing wrong with attending seminars....I attended 3 and did my own research before narrowing down to my surgoen....

You do what you need to do in order to have a safe and effective procedure

There is a surgeon search on this site. You can search for ones near you. If you are on a computer logged in it is at the top of the page.

Where is your current surgeon located & what is the surgery cost?

I would explain to your husband that "shopping around" is not really what you want to do. If you are happy with the surgeon and team you have chosen, you should go with them. Shopping around may result in paying less but getting a surgeon you are not as happy with or doesn't have as great credentials.

Always remember, you get what you paid for! I personally wouldn't risk it with this type of procedure.

Just my 2 cents...

I'm all for saving money but this isn't buying a car. You're not shopping for the same model at a different dealer. Maybe you can tell the surgeon that the price is high and you are considering other doctors just to see if he'll come down a little? That's about as far as I'd go unless you think you'll get better medical treatment elsewhere.

We are not looking for cheaper, we are looking for closer to home. I know seminars are good but I have been there and done TONS of research. But I think I'm sticking with my original choice.