Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virus Or I Ate The Wrong Thing?

So lastnight I thought I'd try something different so I made Campbells cream of chicken Soup and strained it. It was on my list if approved liquids. A couple of hours later I had two tiny licks of sugar free low calorie vanilla ice cream. About two bites in I had a horrible pain in my chest and boom I had to go to the bathroom. I had diarrhea and nausea for about a half hour. Then I felt better so I went to sleep. I just woke up feeling nauseous, and then I had diarrhea. Has anyone ever experienced this?

First time I had a cucumber I had that happen

Yes, I have had this experience, thankfully only a couple of times. Sometimes the something new might not agree with you. It sounds like you had two new things. The fat or the milk in either may have done it. It doesn't mean you can never have them again, but your body might not have been ready yet. Wait a week or so to try again.

I feel horrible today. The past 4 days I've felt wonderful and I even went back to work yesterday. I think I pushed myself to hard :/

I am sorry you are feeling so bad today. I don't know if this will help, but I am now two months out and I will share my experience with you. After the first few days I felt wonderful. However, I found it to be a bit of a rollercoaster. Sometimes feeling great, other times feeling bad. By week two and three I found myself more tired, head aches, and nausea. There were three things that would trigger feeling bad: pushing too hard (we were on a driving and walking tour visiting colleges for my son), eating some new things, and getting somewhat dehydrated. I can tell you that with each week that passes, I feel better. Most of the time now, I feel pretty normal, other than I can't eat like I used to. Aside from taking time for your body to heal, it also takes some time to find a rhythm and the right foods for eating and drinking Water. I learned that one bite too much can mean the difference between feeling satisfied and feeling sick for hours. Most of the time, I have learned when to stop eating so I don't feel sick, but I still make mistakes. (last night being one of them). I also have learned that I feel run down and nauseos if I do not get enough fluids during the day. Finally, there are just some days for me (thankfully very few of them) that nothing agrees with my stomach. It may be that some combination of the the other things I mentioned may have come into play, or it may just be my stomach still healing. Overall though, I feel like I have been through the worst of it and am at the point where the benefits have far outweighed any of the bumps in the road along the way.

I hope you feel better soon! Try to take it easy, get some rest and drink lots of fluids today. :)

It sounds like how I feel after I eat tuna fish...which I used to love, but now shudder at the thought! I would lean towards it being something you ate...take it slow and take care of yourself!

That's funny- one of my worst experiences was the Campbell's cream of chicken Soup. While having it I thought I was heaven- it was just after I had only been on shakes and my first feel of real food. Later I got this bad taste in my mouth, an after taste so foul and got the bubblies for a while in my throat.

Maybe it's the chicken for the first time (even though strained out) or fat from it. I don't know.

That cream of chicken experience stayed with me though...I'm a little afraid of it even though I'm on purees and had a great pureed chicken salad yesterday. :rolleyes:

Good luck-- I bet it's just a passing thing from the food. :)

I tried cream of mushroom Soup, now beforeeeeee this was one of my fav Soups also used it as Pasta Sauce bases or over chicken as a base sauce first try after it tasted so rank and made me feel ill.

Mad me sad because its just soup but nope!

I have had puking reactions to a few things tuna is one and eggs is another like I am trying to turn myself inside out its so bad shakes sweating and extreme retching.

And I tired egg twice 2 teaspoons of egg white same reaction!

Will not go near eggs or tuna for the foreseeable future lol

Homemade soup or canned Tomato Soup is fine so is other fish its really random!

Sassypants, by any chance did you also have your gallbladder removed during the wls? I've heard of people having that reaction (not liking eggs, mayo, tuna etc. after gb removed). I'm fine and had it removed but I just wonder when I get different reactions whether it's due to sleeve or no gb.

P.S. cream of mushroom is like my comfort food so I feel for you. :(