Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lila's Lounge

Glad u are well!

Shopping!!! Do tell!!!

Take care of yourselves over the next few days.

Lila, Diane, welcome back to band land, glad everything went well for both of you. Lila the hungry feeling is terrible to deal with, especially when you are not expecting it, but it will get better.

Maria:)

Hi girls,

So today I had to work. I did it. Wasn't very swift. Just told everyone I felt fluish.:sick

Ya I went shopping on Saturaday the day after surgery, I was so out of it though. I didn't even buy anything. And I walked and walked. We went to Sherwin Gardens and across to Home Sense and then to Walmart.

I can't believe I am going to say this but I am getting bushed.

I can't handle all the people. Every where went was so busy. Doesn't anyone have a job??!!

Get out of the mall and go to work, I have shopping to do!!!

Oh well I have to go for my first fill Oct 30th so I WILL SHOP AND BUY!!!

smaller pants these ones are fallin' off my bum!

I am still hungry and the protien powder I bought makes me want to vomit.:)

I am soooo hungry. :cry I am going to make a ticker counting down till I can eat food....

Lila...what I did postop while I was hungry was I sucked on popsicles. I got the Delmonte fruit sugar free ones and every time I got the growlies I would go get one and suck on it. It seemed to help me. So, you can always try that to keep the hunger at bay.

Wow! I am so impressed that you were up and shopping the day after your surgery. I spent the next two days after mine in bed sleeping and reading and eating demerol and Gas-X.

As for shopping in Toronto, there are always people shopping, morning, noon and night/evening. It seems to be a thing that we do. Yesterday I went for a really long walk after seeing my psychiatrist. I punctuated this with visits to Winner's, Book City and Hudson's Bay. I like going to Book City. I can always find a cheap book that fits me like a glove and doesn't make me look too fat!

Me too, I think all I did was walk downstairs for Jello and back up again, I thought that was good. You are SUPERWOMEN!!

No, I was lucky. I didn't have a hernia. I was just tired and pleasantly drugged up. I also think that our wild taxi ride, my husband had drunk too much beer while waiting for me to get through surgery, didn't help. It opened up at least one of the wounds and I was dripping blood all over by the time I got home. This may have been a set-back.... But I sure did enjoy my few days in la-la land.

I am just crazy about shopping thats all.

I didn't like the taste of the demerol and since I wasn't in too much pain I took tylenol but that tasted gross too. So I bought childrens tylenol and childrens gravol(this makes me less drowsy than regular) and they are so tasty it makes me feel like I am cheating !

I am so hungry today I read your message Yoda and went directly to the store and bought the fruit things. Now instead of eating 8 gas-x i'll have a popscicle!!

A telemarketer called my house and I asked them to take my # off their list. He was pissing me off and said calm down ma'm. I hung up promply!What I wanted to say was LISTEN A$$HOLE I HAVEN'T EATEN IN 14 DAYS ...CALM DOWN . NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I was telling my husband today, I can't believe I am still alive and functioning. Yesterday I had 1 juice box apple

4oz gatorade

8 oz propel Water

4oz broth

4 childrens gravol

1 flinstone Vitamin

8 gas-x cherry flavored!!

Oh and no wonder this morning I weigh 194!! OK I want to lose weight but I am hungry "whinning".

It all sounded so easy!!!!!(surgery/lapband/pre& post-op diets) not really.

Ok I am done now!

Later,

I tend to be a cow when it comes to telemarketers. I don't like strangers asking me how I am before they identify themselves and tell me what their business is. About a week after the op I found myself becoming very cranky. Tormenting telemarketers became an acceptable outlet for a change. It meant that my poor suffering husband was off the hook.

Green's approach to telemarketer:

"Good day and how are you?"

"What do you want?" or "What do you want to sell me?"

As you can see, I am not very friendly and I cut to the chase. The ones I hate the most are the ones who tell me that I have won a prize but that I have to go to some place in the suburbs, and listen to a sales pitch for time-shares before I can collect it. The people who phone to tell me about this prize are usually South Asian as it happens. If I am in the mood I try to educate them on the meaning of the word prize in English. I say, "a prize. Oh goody! Send it to me."

"No, you have to pick it up."

"Well, if it is mine then why can't you send it to me?"

Then they explain that I have to pick it up and I say that it isn't a prize if they won't send it to me. They assure me it is and I tell them in that case they can send it to me. Sometimes these conversations can last quite awhile. I don't know where they get my name from but this sh*t always irritates me. If there is strings attached to a prize then it is not a prize, it is work and payment for work.

Don't worry Lila...it WILL get better. Do the popsicle thing (oh and I also interspersed them with fat free/sugar free fudgsicles) AND drink juice (ie. apple juice) throughout the day. Drink/suck on popsicles constantly.

Okay...here is what I do to telemarketers and I find it VERY effective. When they call, I say "oh, great, just one moment please, I will be right back". I then put the phone down and DO NOT come back. I go about my business, watch TV, continue talking with my hubby etc.....eventually of course, they hang up!!!! hehe. Better they hang up after waiting a long period of time for you to come back than for you to hang up on them. They'll get pissed and likely won't call back if this happens too many times.

When I'm feeling "nasty"....I just keep saying "hello? hello? hello? anyone there? hello?". It's hilarious. Of course they eventually hang up.

Don't worry Lila.....we've all been through it and still here to tell the story. Pay attention to the post-op eating rules, they were created for a very good reason. I did the same as Yoda...I had lots of the Delmonte popsicles, SF Jello and Water. I also kept a container of knorr chicken stock in my fridge and a few times / day I would nuke 1/4 cup and sip on it.

Carol

I drank a lot of apple juice (which I don't like because it is too sweet) and broth that first week. I bought a box of beef broth and one of chicken broth. I never did finish the box of chicken broth and now it is sitting in my fridge. I guess I should pour it down the sink and throw the box out, eh. lol You will get through this, kiddo. I believe that these rules are designed to help your stomach out. Remember, it's just gone through surgery! Ya gotta take it easy. (This is difficult. I am feeling so good that I am sneeaking mushies into my Soup zone.) Try to be a very good patient for that first week.

Hang in there Lila you'll get through it.

The first week all I could have was sips of Water. Believe me, that was enough, if I put anything else in me, I was in agony. I went through 2 bottles of codeine for pain. I had to get another prescription from the Dr. because I took the maximum dose for relief and when you do that it doesn't take long to go through it.