Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my date is Aug 20 & the doc wants me to lose 30 pounds in 19 days, which is eating only salads & veggies. It's so hard! I feel of I was able to do this I wouldn't need surgery. I have to drink these Protein things that are gross & made me sick, I missed a day of work cuz I couldn't leave the toilet. Has anybody else have to do this?

Hold tight!! it will get better. I am on day 2 of 14 day of liquid diet!! can't stand the drinks. I did find Unjury I am going to buy it has a non flavor kind that I could add to Water with lemon, and I found chicken broth Protein also with the unjury I hope it gets here FAST!!! I just did a search for unjury and found the web sit I will let you know but if you are willing to take a chance it has great reviews and someone told me about it. and the toilet thing my is the other way, I am having a hard time with that.

So my date is Aug 20 & the doc wants me to lose 30 pounds in 19 days, which is eating only salads & veggies. It's so hard! I feel of I was able to do this I wouldn't need surgery. I have to drink these Protein things that are gross & made me sick, I missed a day of work cuz I couldn't leave the toilet. Has anybody else have to do this?

I am also on a 30 day Pre Surgery diet. I am allowed 5 Protein shakes, 1 Protein Bar, 2 cups of certain veggies, and I cup of fruit, and 1 lean cuisine (350 calories or less). My surgeon wants 15-20 pounds gone by my surgery date of the 22nd of Aug. I will have been on this diet 2 weeks on Monday. I have lost 6 pounds so far. It's not easy but I've got to remember the big picture!!! I'm almost half way to my surgery date..I can do this. Also, increase your activity....maybe walking more etc. Drink ALOT of Water too.

I am thinking about you, we are having to do the same thing almost....GOOD LUCK to you! Stay positive YOU CAN DO IT!!

Melissa

I am also on a 30 day Pre Surgery diet. I am allowed 5 Protein shakes, 1 Protein Bar, 2 cups of certain veggies, and I cup of fruit, and 1 lean cuisine (350 calories or less). My surgeon wants 15-20 pounds gone by my surgery date of the 22nd of Aug. I will have been on this diet 2 weeks on Monday. I have lost 6 pounds so far. It's not easy but I've got to remember the big picture!!! I'm almost half way to my surgery date..I can do this. Also, increase your activity....maybe walking more etc. Drink ALOT of Water too.

I am thinking about you, we are having to do the same thing almost....GOOD LUCK to you! Stay positive YOU CAN DO IT!!

Melissa

I forgot!! I found the best site, with the BEST Protein Shakes. Go to http://www.chikenutrition.com/ their banana shake is to die for!!! I like their chocolate too and their orange cream isn't bad. I'm a picky eater and these have been my favorite!!

Melissa

I forgot!! I found the best site, with the BEST Protein shakes. Go to http://www.chikenutrition.com/their banana shake is to die for!!! I like their chocolate too and their orange cream isn't bad. I'm a picky eater and these have been my favorite!!

Melissa

It is very difficult, that's for sure. Your body is still adjusting to your new diet. It's a lot more Fiber and probably a lot more Protein, which is good for your body, but not something it's used to. I did not have a pre-op diet, but there are many people on the forum who had to. Losing weight can help decrease surgery risk, plus it helps you get on track with the types of foods you'll need to be ready to eat after surgery. Some doctors are very strict about how much weight you lose before surgery, others are kind of loose on it and will still allow surgery if you've only lost part. I know it's hard, but if you can stick to it, I think you will be really proud of yourself. Protein Shakes are not the most amazing food in the world, but they are really good for you and especially immediately post-op they will be the easiest way to make sure your body is getting the protein it needs. I hope that it gets easier for you, hang in there, only 18 days til your surgery!! Once you get there it will all be worth it!

The first few days of the pre-op diet are HELL! It will get better/easier. I am 5 weeks post op and had many thoughts that I could have done this on my own. Truth is, if I could have, I would have. But I could never have maintained the weight loss without returning to old habits if it wasn't for my sleeve. You will go through many ups and downs during your journey. Hang in there. Every day gets better/easier than the last. We are here to support you so lean on us when you need to.

Sent from my iPad using VST