Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Huge Nsv..in A Small Package

So ..I had posted recently that I was able to wear my wedding band and engagement ring again. Well I also had a mother's ring I couldn't wear my hubby designed and commissioned a man named David to make for me. This ring is very special to me because 1) my hubby loving designed the infinity design and had all of our birthstones placed within the infinity symbol, and 2) David was dying with colon cancer and this was one of the last rings he commissioned to make. When I got it to my surprise, my birth stone was not the right one, but David had a turn for the worse and I didn't have the heart to take it back..David passed a couple of days later. So for a long time ..I was sadden because one it would honor my husband and family to wear it and it would honor David since it was one of the last pieces his hands made, nut my jands had become too large to cpmfortably amd safely wear. To my great surprise, my ring fits on my right middle finger now instead of my right ring finger! I will not have it resized. I plan on wearing it and reminiscing about how this beautiful gesture came to be. I will just keep on switching fingers until I run out! Then..I may wear it around my neck! I am glad I loved myself enough to get my sleeve. My life is much better for it!

post-25141-13813659438328_thumb.jpg

Fantastic! I love your attitude about keeping it intact and adjusting it's place in your life as your size shrinks!

You're totally right.....it can still have a precious place in your heart, whether it is on your finger (pick a size!) or on a chain around your neck.

Enjoy this sweet NSV. :D

What a beautiful story, thanks for sharing it with us.

Sorry about the typos..sigh..almost perfectly correct except that one sentence ..

BEAUTIFUL ring. I am so happy for you. I am still PRE op, but I am hoping to have NSVs of my own to share one day! Congratulations!

That's a beautiful ring!!! Congrats!!!

I loved your story! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful memory.

Your story of this ring is really touching. It is nice to know that he will be remembered and that you actually will be able to showcase one of his last pieces now. I am so glad to hear this NSV =) It is definitely an incredible thing.

That is so very special! Congrats to you!