Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!!!!! Do I need a fill???

Last night I went to Panda Express and got the 2-item combo with rice and noodles. I ate the whole thing and could have eaten more.:) This morning I can barely get down a hard boiled egg without the tight feeling in my chest. I have never pb'd. Sometimes I get a tight feeling in my chest and if I stop eating for a few minutes I can usually start right back up again and eat whatever I want. I am eating less than I did before but not by much. My fear is that I don't want to get too tight and have a band slippage but I'm not losing weight so wtf am I supposed to do??;) I am getting frustrated with the whole process. I have had 2 fills and am filled to 2.9 in a 4 cc band. What happens if I max out in cc's?:tired Any advice?

I think you'll get a better response from people if you reduce the size of your signature line. Having to scroll back and forth to read your questions almost made me close the post.

Are you hungry when you overeat or are you eating from habit? Do you have any problems with solid Proteins like chicken or fish? Do you PB frequently? These are the main indicators of proper restriction. If you're eating solid Proteins without problems and not PBing, you might need a fill. If so, I suggest getting fills in SMALL increments. Being overfilled does not help weight loss and is just plain miserable.

As far as overeating goes, if you're eating because you're hungry all the time, I suggest that you start by cutting ALL carbs from your diet for a week or even two. Sounds impossible, right? Well, we all survived time on full liquids and you'll survive this. The purpose in cutting the carbs is to reduce food cravings. LOTS of people here (myself included) have experienced reduced food cravings once they weaned themselves off of carbs. I'm not saying to never eat carbs again, but I am saying you'll have an easier time watching your calories if the constant craving to eat is exacerbated by carbohydrates. You'll have an easier time losing weight if you limit the number of carbohydrates you consume daily.

I also recommend journaling your food. I use FitDay.com which I love and has a free version so you can try it out before you buy it. I will tell you that the $20 downloadable version works MUCH better and gives you more information. There is also Sparkpeople.com. I've never used it but people say it's great.

I hope this has given you something to think about. Good luck housecatgirl.

Well first off a hard boiled egg for any bandster is difficult to get down with or without a fill in my opinion. Also many bandsters are much much tighter in the mornings then in the evenings, it is easier for food to go down in the evenings then in the mornings. Here is a good site to read on fills

Read it , it will help you to decide

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

I was only given .5 cc fill back on Aug. 21 because my doc said my weightloss was progressing fine without a fill. I had to convince him to give me even that much. I need another fill though, because I can eat lots. Not what I consumed before surgery, but definately alot. I don't see my doc until October 18 again, so I'm just going to wait it out. I haven't gained any, but have not lost any either since getting the fill.

I too am tight in the mornings... and have found that carbs are the devil. So I had to adjust my life to my band. I drink a shake for Breakfast, eat a small lunch, and try to measure and eat healthy foods at night.

If I wanted to, I could eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's. But I want my waist to shrink... so no more carbs.

Listen to Donna and me... come over to the low carb side of things. It is not too dark over here. :D