Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Post-Op Today

I had my surgery 7/24 at 9 am. I went into surgery knowing that my doctor would be removing my Gallbladder as well as doing the VSG. I was told it would be about a 2 hour surgery. Well, it turned out to be more like a 4 hour surgery. Apparently my gallbladder was inflamed and stuck to my stomach as well as the omentum. My doctor told me it was basically 2 separate surgeries for her

I was released from the hospital on 7/26 at 7pm on a pureed diet. I didn't even get 1 meal in at home before I was headed back to the hospital for re-admit on 7/27. I had terrible pain in my left upper quad area as well as in my left shoulder. My doctor rushed a CT scan and lab work (she was thinking I had a leak). Long story short my CT came back showing no leak but there was something wrong. Apparently I am one of those "luck ones" in the small percentage risk of spleen damage during VSG. The blood vessels that they had to cut to remove the stomach also supply blood to the spleen. The other vessels that supply blood to the spleen usually can take over for the lost ones but apparently mine did not. Just a little less than 1/2 of my spleen is now dead. I was finally discharged yesterday after several days of pain control.

I have no regrets and I would do it all again. The only thing I have now that concerns me is the pain that I get when I eat. It's not fun. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had/has this problem also. And if so, how long before it goes away?

~dawn

Guest deleted_user

Hi Dawn! I'm still pre-op... Surgery is on August 7th. I just wanted to wish you a quick and full recovery! My heart goes out to you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches