Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick Question...need Some Calories

Hi all,

I have been tracking my food and can't seem to get over 800 calories on a good day. I've been all over the net looking for some higher calorie foods that are nutritious. I'm already drinking home made Unjury shakes with 2 scoops, eating avocado and cashews, and really focusing on lean protien. Fast food makes me gag! I'm never hungry and I'm sure this is why I'm losing my hair. any quick ideas would be much appreciated. I'm 7 months out, lost 80 pounds, feel great at 5'7" and size 8/10.

post-19982-13813659390332_thumb.png

Oh and i can't stomach another string cheese, can of tuna or bite of peanut butter! Lol! :) I am desperate for some quick ideas!

Why do you want to go over 800 calories? That is the perfect range to be in. Maybe 1000 on a bad day. If you are still in loss mode that is...

Do you like beef Jerky? high in Protein AND calories... and tasty...

(Ahhh, i see from another post that you're looking to slow down...)

Really?? My nut said 1200 for me. Are you being told 800? I am dying trying to eat 1200...it feels like I am constantly eating. I was told i could lose 20 more pounds but i really feel good at my current size. Any one else being told 1200? Is my nut out of her mind? Now I am super curious! :)

OH! ok, now don't say "yuck" just yet- Hot dogs. Trader Joe's or some other natural food store will sell you an all beef, uncured, no nitrite hot dog and the calories are through the roof! (maybe 200 per dog) And they are good, at least the ones from TJ's are.

Really?? My nut said 1200 for me. Are you being told 800? I am dying trying to eat 1200...it feels like I am constantly eating. I was told i could lose 20 more pounds but i really feel good at my current size. Any one else being told 1200? Is my nut out of her mind? Now I am super curious! :)

I'm sure it's differences in philosophy from one doc to the next. At my 4 month visit, I was told to stick to 800 as much as possible. That is where i happen to experience my greatest loss. Much more than that on a consistent basis, and I totally quit losing weight. If I could eat a little more and lose, I would. My metabolism is still getting up to speed.

Just realized i posted in the wrong forum...ooops...sorry. :)

Just realized i posted in the wrong forum...ooops...sorry. :)

Ha! I didn't even notice...

I will swing by Trader Joe's tomorrow! I have not had a hot dog with mustard in almost 7 months!!! Sounds amazing!

I will swing by Trader Joe's tomorrow! I have not had a hot dog with mustard in almost 7 months!!! Sounds amazing!

The lady giving samples had these going last week. I grabbed a package while i was still chewing! LOL

And beef Jerky I might try...I'm worried about texture. My tummy dislikes having to do any type of work! Lol :)

And beef Jerky I might try...I'm worried about texture. My tummy dislikes having to do any type of work! Lol :)

Ya, you have to chew the dickens out of it if you're sensitive.

Someone posted about perky Jerky being soft so I ordered some from their website. They have 1oz packages and the other poster was so right, it is soft and delicious :)

Hi all' date='

I have been tracking my food and can't seem to get over 800 calories on a good day. I've been all over the net looking for some higher calorie foods that are nutritious. I'm already drinking home made unjury shakes with 2 scoops, eating avocado and cashews, and really focusing on lean protien. Fast food makes me gag! I'm never hungry and I'm sure this is why I'm losing my hair. any quick ideas would be much appreciated. I'm 7 months out, lost 80 pounds, feel great at 5'7" and size 8/10.[/quote']

Avocado, skinny cow ice cream, extra scoops of Protein powder w/ any liquid. Just some thoughts.