Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored Protein Powder, Do You Or Don't You?

unflavored or not you can still taste it if it's soy/whey based, to me anyway. I've found I can't add it to some foods because it just changes it so much. Foods that already have a stronger flavor, if you only add 1/2 a scoop it's not so bad...like chocolate SF pudding or yogurt it works well with.

I keep a jug of Unjury unflavored, and if I feel I have really not got in enough Protein I add some to my food, but not a lot, I try to get most of my nutrients from food. I have added it to gravy, or spaghetti sauce even. It does alter the taste as Sherry said if you use too much. I use it in my shakes still. I flavor them with SF flavored syrups, so it masks it pretty well. It would likely not hurt to have things on hand, it is easier than going after them when you are recovering. And I order the unjury so it takes a couple days to get here.

Good Luck!!! May you have a speedy recovery!!

Kat

I ventured on in to a GNC today, looking for something besides my Bariatrx Essentials Dutch Chocolate(which isn't too bad IMO) I too wanted an unflavored Protein Drink. I spoke with the counter lady and told her what I was looking for. She recommended "Designer Whey" "natural" flavor, said alot of bariatric people use it and like it. I asked again if "natural" ment unflavored. She assured me it did, not to mention it had a "GOLD" taste award right on the container. Rushed home and put a scoop in with 4oz. of Crystal Light.......good lord, if that's "GOLD" metal taste I wouldn't wish Silver or even Bronze for that matter on my worst enemy!lol So anyway my search still continues for the perfect "non-flavored" Protein powder. Atleast with Sherry's pudding idea, I should be able to get the rest of this batch down.

I was just on the unjury.com site and they have a bunch of recipes I think would be great for the liquid stage as well as some variety adding the Protein to your diet. Only $5 to ship any size order and pretty reasonable. Sorry for the long post, but here are some recipes they have.

Here is our list of recipes. We hope you'll agree they are easy and delicious ways to get your Protein - in a variety of ways!!

Let us know what you think of the ones you try!

1. Hi-Pro Jell-O

Use sugar free Jell-O

Follow directions for preparation of a 4 oz/4 servings box of sugar free

Jell-O, any flavor

Follow package directions for dissolving Jell-O in boiling Water.

Measure 1/2 cup of cold Water.

Add two scoops of Unflavored Unjury to cold water, one scoop at a time, stirring slowing to dissolve.

Add ice to water with UNJURY to equal one cup.

Stir UNJURY with ice into dissolved Jell-O until ice has melted

Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill quickly.

Important Comments:

-- The protein will settle somewhat toward the bottom, but the taste is unchanged.

-- If you like this recipe with UNJURY Unflavored ("UU"), you might also like it substituting the vanilla UNJURY for UU.

-- 1 cup Jell-O as prepared has 20 grams of protein

2. Souped-Up Soups

Lipton Cup-of-Soup

Tomato or Cream of chicken

Empty dry Soup mix in Bowl/Cup

Add 1 scoop UNJURY Unflavored - UU

Blend UU into dry soup mix using a fork until thoroughly blended

Add hot water as package directs, mixing as you add the water.

Protein: 22 grams per 6 ounce Cup-of-Soup

Revised Campbell's Condensed Can Soups

Empty Soup from can into microwaveable container

Measure water as directed on the label (one can of water)

Mix one scoop of UNJURY Unflavored - UU

Add water to condensed soup

Microwave to heat, but do not heat to boiling, just to medium hot

Stir and enjoy

Protein: 10 grams per half-cup serving

3. Hi-Pro Yogurt

For Plain Yogurt use vanilla UNJURY.

For Fruit-Flavored Yogurt you can use Unflavored UNJURY or Vanilla UNJURY.

Put about half of a 6 ounce container, or all of a 4 ounce container, in a small bowl.

The first time you try this recipe, mix in 1/4 or 1/3 scoop UNJURY. Stir until well blended.

If this works well, the second time you might experiment with 1/2 scoop.

4. Diet V-8 Splash

Pour 6-8 ounces of Diet V-8 Splash in a large glass

Mix one scoop of UU in the Diet V-8 Splash until blended

Enjoy

Protein: 20 grams

5. I Can't Believe It's Hi-Protein pudding

Use Jell-O Sugar Free Instant pudding (Not Cooked) 1 oz/4 servings

Measure 2 cups of cold fat free milk following package directions

Add two scoops of Unflavored UNJURY to the two cups of cold milk

If this works well and you want more protein per serving try 3-4 scoops

Mix thoroughly the dry UNJURY in the milk by shaking or stirring

Then follow pudding package directions by putting the

Jell-O Sugar Free Instant (Not Cooked) Dry Pudding Mix Into a bowl.

Pour in the previously-mixed UNJURY-plus-milk.

Mix and Chill and Enjoy!

Protein: Each 1/2 cup serving has 14 grams

6. Drink a Dreamsicle

Mix one scoop of Vanilla UNJURY with 8 oz of sugar-free Tang

OR

Mix one scoop of Vanilla UNJURY with 8 oz of flat Diet Orange Soda

OR

Mix one scoop of Vanilla UNJURY with 8 oz Skim Milk

Important comments:

-- To get flat soda, open the bottle or can of soda,

and store in the fridge overnight.

-- Protein: 20 grams per serving

7. Proteina Colada

Mix one scoop Vanilla UNJURY with 8 oz Skim Milk

Add 2 drops McCormick Imitation pineapple Extract, and

And 2 drops McCormick Imitation Coconut Extract

Adjust to taste.

Protein: 20 grams per serving

8. Root Beer Float Taste

Mix one scoop Vanilla UNJURY with 8 oz flat Diet Root Beer

Important comments:

-- To get flat soda, open the bottle or can of soda,

and store in the fridge overnight.

-- Protein: 20 grams per serving

Enjoy!

I use AnyWhey and it mixes instantly and is really indetectible. I also use it sometimes in skim milk and DaVinci SF Syrup...yummy Protein shakes.

I had it a few months before I had the courage to try it...now it seems silly of me.

I like the chocolate Unjury the best. The unflavored is good in chocolate milk but in regular foods I haven't liked it much. Ive been adding a scoop of the unflavored to my morning shake, and thats pretty good, but in food.. naa. Just my oppinion.

I use AnyWhey and it mixes instantly and is really indetectible

I got mine online.truly indetectable!! And im gonna use it in the pudding recipe below!!

Some great ideas, thanks! I will have to cruise on over to the Unjury site and check it out. OBTW-congrats on your banding date as well!!!-Brian

I noticed Bariatric Eating brought their single samples back. They are a great way to try out to see what you like!! The orange nectar tastes like Tang. I really like trying before buying a huge portion!!

bariatriceating_1914_11548632trans_1x1.gifbariatriceating_1913_16226

Also try muscle milk-LOVE IT!! Also like any whey in the test tube slightly slush in freezer like snow cone!!

I don't add Protein to my food but I do keep the Medifast ready-to-drink chocolate shakes on hand. They are 90 cals and soy based and give me 11 G protein... most importantly, they taste really good.