Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my first golfball, or whatever it's called..

Hi everyone! Long time no see..I have no time to read/post in here anymore!!! Work/gym/kids/golf/hockey widow...SHEESH.

Anyway, I attempted to eat a Pita Pit pita the other day..I thought I was going to D I E. I had around 4 bites, didn't chew enough, I had to drive home during my lunch hour...I now know what sliming is!!!! It's like the food was stuck and I kept swallowing more and more spit and it had nowhere to go...I was so scared and in pain I didn't know what to do. I won't be eating any more pitas that's for sure. I couldn't throw up, I could only throw up saliva (sorry for the graphics).

My question is should one induce vomiting when this happens or just wait it out? I know vomiting is hard on the band but DAMN that SUCKED!!!

On another note, is anyone else afraid to step on the scale? I haven't weighed myself in like 5 weeks, I'm too hard on myself if I haven't lost very much.

Thanks everyone! You're all doing great!

Hi Buffie, it's so good to hear from you again. I don't mind if you have been busy, but make sure you come by when you can to let us know how your doing. I know what it is like to have a younger family that is involved in everything. My kids are a bit older and it's easier for me now. I'm sorry to hear about your episode, it does suck! To be honest with you I think (and this is my opinion,please check out others) I have been really stuck and I have PB'd and I think if you PB and rid the object and the pain it is easier. I don't know that I would promote vomiting but the pain seems worse when your stuck. I have also found that when I did vomit, it was only the contents of my pouch and therefore was just food like, not yucky, smelly, half-digested stuff like prior to banding.

I cannot comment on your scale thing. I can't believe you could go that long without weighing. I'm a complete scale maniac. I am sure being that your as busy as you are, with the band, and working out, you must have lost some. Take a shot of whiskey and jump on, take the plunge!!

I pb about every other day. Is this too often? I find that if I vomit, it's not very much and I just spit up the last bite or so. Any of this sound familiar? Am I too tight? There are times when I can eat the world I just have to eat the right thing and eat very slow.

Thanks, Julia

I don't think that it's good thing to vomit every day. I would say to slow down and chew alot when your feeling tight, your like me, some days I could everything, the next very little. Weird, eh?