Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Months Post Op And Still Sick:-(

I was sleeved on 5-23-12 and had no complications...untill about a month ago. I was nauseas, vomiting several times a day, dehydrated, you name it. Turned out to be gallstones so the next day I had my gallbladder taken out which lederhosen to believe my days of suffering were FINALLY over..nope. I am on 3 different types of anti nausea meds and I am still nauseas but the committing has just about stopped. I have had to take a LOA from school because I'm so weak. I have almost no appetite at all so I am not eating much and my dr says I am the 1st sleeve pt of his with these problems...seine please tell me you have had this happen and it did get better.i sit home all day and wonder if this is what I'm in for for the rest of my life and it's depressing the crap out of me. Toake matters worse my husband was sent to Afghanistan for 4 months with his job so it's juste and my 9 yr old son at home. Anyone have any advice for me? I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

I am like a week ahead of you I was sleeved on the 15th of may, its difficult for me too I am sick a lot can’t drink much, eat much, in pain mine isn’t gall stones because my gall bladder was removed a few years ago.

My doc said it sometimes takes people longer than 6-8 weeks to heal and be on food, you just have to go back to stage 2 and work forward again.

I am also being x rayed and scanned in 4 weeks time for scare tissue making my stomach opening smaller.

You have to remember you had an op that takes a while to heal and is delicate, and then you had another op on the same side that takes its own time to heal too.

2 ops in such a short amount of time is going to be wearing on your body.

You’re very bruised internally and externally from the surgeries you have to carefully build up your tummy to handle food again and each op has its own crappy pain to deal with.

I can tell you my gall bladder op took far longer to recover from than the sleeve.

You just have to allow your body to adjust and recover at its own pace.

Speak to your doctor/nurse that’s what they are there for ask them if its normal they might do blood tests and find out your lacking in Vitamins, things like Iron and B vitamins will have you feeling tired if you are lacking in them.

mybaby

it must be hard going through WLS without DH around to help you. great to have your son

around, but he's not DH for moral support and comfort

do you have any friends or family in person or on the phone you can reach out to

i'm glad your gallbladder was removed, solving that problem

glad vomitting has stopped, but you still feel terrible, and dr. should help you get to

the root of the problem - you being 1rst patient w/this problem or not - he must help

IMO you need to stay on your dr.s back for help - you paid him to help you start this

journey, now he must help you to continue to deal with any problems you have

must be very hard in dealing w/this situation - sitting around all day weak - no fun i'm

sure

i hope things go better for you, sooner than later

good luck

kathy

I'm 4 1/2 months out and having similar issues. It's not my gallbladder, though, and I'll be having an endoscopy later in the month to rule out anything serious. I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist to rule out a possible stricture or other stomach issues.

I was sleeved on 5-23-12 and had no complications...untill about a month ago. I was nauseas' date=' vomiting several times a day, dehydrated, you name it. Turned out to be gallstones so the next day I had my gallbladder taken out which lederhosen to believe my days of suffering were FINALLY over..nope. I am on 3 different types of anti nausea meds and I am still nauseas but the committing has just about stopped. I have had to take a LOA from school because I'm so weak. I have almost no appetite at all so I am not eating much and my dr says I am the 1st sleeve pt of his with these problems...seine please tell me you have had this happen and it did get better.i sit home all day and wonder if this is what I'm in for for the rest of my life and it's depressing the crap out of i me. Toake matters worse my husband was sent to Afghanistan for 4 months with his job so it's juste and my 9 yr old son at home. Anyone have any advice for me? I would greatly appreciate it!!!![/quote']

Kind of sounds like me. My surgery doctor will not take my gallbladder out. Im on a medication for it. Im in the er every week. Its my, gallbladder, liver, dehydrated or cycle. Im on pain meds.

I go see my primary doc today.

"GOD IS WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF ,SO Keep having faith."<br />Your Sleeve Buddy <br />Zeta<br />