Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seem To Be Stuck On My Weight :-(

So I am getting a little disappointed here. I'm exactly 2 weeks post- op and have lost 10lbs. When I did the liquid diet pre-op I lost 16. Has this happened to anyone? Also, I can't stand Protein Drinks anymore- I am basically not taking in any Protein. Can this be a reason why I am not losing more weight?

Yes. It could also be fluids. Are you getting in all your fluids? Are you walking as much as possible? You're body is still healing from the surgery. For some people it takes a few more days for your body to go into fat burning mode. But it will. Be patient and don't worry about the scale just yet. Worry about your Fluid intake, nutrition (protein) and exercise. The weight will fall off if you do those 3 things. Also, use a tape measure to register your results, it's more gratifying than the scale.

The more Protein you get, the faster you heal, and the faster your body can burn fat. Stalls in weight loss are very common. I have experienced weeks where I don't lose a pound, and weeks (like this week) where I'm losing 1 lb-1.5 lbs. a DAY! Hang in there. This too shall pass. But please get that protein in. Your body needs it. I hated the shakes too until I found one pre-made shake that I like that is packed with 30 g of protein in one shake. I make myself drink one every morning and get the rest of my protein from food.< /p>

Ok. I am definitely going to start my Protein drinks again. Thanks ladies!

Also, how do you know when your full? I have been having broth and haven't felt the feeling of being ”full”. I stop after my 7th sip bc I'm scared of stretching my stomach. could you please give me some feedback on this.

To me, it felt like that feeling I got before surgery when I binged on food. Just bloated and uncomfortable. However, broth is liquid, so it really doesn't count as food and you can sip on it all day without feeling full. Once you introduce purees, mushies, etc. you should experience the "full" feeling more. You will know. Trust me. Eating has become a chore now. lol.

As for the Protein Shakes, I hated them post op too. This was a shake I previously loved! I tried a couple new things and didn't really like them any better. However, I had such a BIG container of my original Protein that I decided to just suck it up and drink it every day. Now I actually like it again. I think now that I am at the stage where I can eat real food again (and like Tonja said, it is a chore sometimes!) my taste buds are no longer rejecting the Protein Shake. Hang in there. It all gets better with time. :)

I started purees yesterday. I bought baby food (stage 1) not feeling full yet, but not feeling hungry either. I'm just very scared of stretching my stomach after all this hard work. I am also drinking my Protein drinks again (yuck!). Lol. Btw I am down two pounds!!!

Losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks is A GOOD LOSS! You should be celebrating! Everyone seems to want to compare themselves to everyone else, but there is no standard. Without surgery you would be hard pressed many weeks to lose even a pound or two!

I know, I know, everyone comes in expecting super huge losses, but be happy. You made it through surgery, your body has been good enough to give you 10 pounds that you will never have to see again. It's still recovering. And those are 10 pounds off your butt, your hips, your thighs, your arms that you won't have to worry about losing next week or the week after that.

You are doing great. Do not take for granted an awesome weight loss =) Look up a pound of fat. There are pictures, it's big! And you've lost 10 of them! Good job and keep up the great work and it will continue to come off.

Someday you will be thankful for just a couple pounds a week...Enjoy the big losses while they last.

I lost 13lbs in the first week, and none this entire week. Don't worry, it will come off!

I am 15 days post and lost 13 lbs, but then I measured, lost 11 inches total so far! Have you measured yet because those totals are just as gratifying, I expected more pounds off too, but it's only 2 weeks, hang in there it will come off, good luck