Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!

I finally decided to publish my first post. I've been sleeved on 04/12/2012 (almost for months ago). I'm wondering about the diet/eating habits that I should follow? Some people say it doesn't matter what you eat because your eating in smaller portions and also argue that the metabolism could be jeopardized if I follow something strict. Any thoughts??

Thanks! I'm glad I finally joined this community

Im 4 months post op. I can't say I'm 100% strict, but for the most part u follow the 60g of Protein, and protein first rule. For example I went to a birthday party and did have a small piece I cake. My Snacks tend to be protein based. I do try to eat 1 small cup of fresh fruit about 2-3 times a week. Hope this helps.

From what I've read from the veteran sleevers here who've made it to goal, its a low carb diet that is most effective. I'm close to 4 months out too...and taking in about 800-1000 calories, under 50 grams of carbs most days, 70 grams of Protein. I often have either cottage cheese with fruit for Breakfast or an Atkins Protein Bar, salad with chicken for lunch and fish with steamed veggies for dinner. I have one Protein Shake a day and one protein bar to meet my protein goals, take my Vitamins, and for Snacks, nuts or cheese, sometimes a weight watchers ice cream bar at night or a SF fudgesicle. I still crave my chocolate!

I am almost 5 months out (I was sleeved 3/5/12) and I'm trying to keep my caloric intake between 700-900, although I am not strict. Some days I do 500 (rare but it does happen), most days it's 700-800. I work out 6 days a week, usually burning 350 calories minimally but more like 600-700. You are welcome to friend me on myfitnesspal and see what I do, I do publish my journals (although I use the disclaimer now to say I am not perfect. I do sneak in my chocolate or whatnots here and there... hey I'm sleeved, not dead ok?). I do still have a drink once in a blue moon and cheesecake or whatever, but yes, following a low carb/high protein/low fat diet with exercise into my usual routine seems to be working for me, as well as logging what I eat in myfitnesspal (I do that EVERY day).

Best of luck to you all! always...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches