Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tastes Have Changed...

Anyone noticed that their tastes for certain things have changed??? I am 4 months post op...I used to love drinking Water, now it is hard to choke it down without a bit of flavor, I have also tried a little peanut butter...yuck it has no peanut taste, all I can taste is the grease/fat in it.(not that it is a bad thing that I dont't like the taste anymore!) Also chicken tastes so plan and blah...maybe it is because I am losing the "thrill" feeling of food and am now eating for the nutrition. Not complaining, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Yes, completely! I cannot stand any sugar free products; pudding, Jello, gatorade, crystal light. Everything tastes awful. I tried Peanut Butter and unfortunately still really like it. It is funny because I am now craving cheese and fish when pre-op I would have chosen chicken and something sweet everyday. Only a few more days and I can have cheese and eggs, I cannot wait!

I used to love Water and had no problem drinking more than 2 litres a day. Now the taste makes me gag. I have to flavor it. I no longer like herbal teas and where I used to love fish I now struggle with all that I have tried other than canned tuna.

Sent from my iPad using VST

i hate the way Protein Powder tastes now after surgery. Before I never had a problem. And i took a sip of diet coke and had to spit it out. Ew I can't believe I used to drink that every day. :)

I used to absolutely hate Crystal Lite and most anything else with sweetener in it....now I drink quite a bit of crystal lite and use a bit of suger free jam.

i saw my doc thursday and she smirked and asked me if my tastebuds had changed yet, I said YES! Everything is sweet!

I used to be very sensitive to salt like even the smallest amount of salt (and pepper for that matter) was in something I could taste.

Now everything is sweet its like someone has spiked all food and drink with bags of sugar!

I wasn’t even a sweet tooth person before so this is such a pain in the butt!

I've heard the same thing from my friend who is 7 months post op. She hates the taste of Water now ...but unfortunately her taste for ice cream is the same!

i hate the way Protein powder tastes now after surgery. Before I never had a problem. And i took a sip of diet coke and had to spit it out. Ew I can't believe I used to drink that every day. :)

I hope i feel that way about diet coke too! Did you stop drinking it preop?