Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's for she...

MsJoy wanted me to post this for her.

We recently went to the Dallas area for some family, friends and fireworks. After spending the night at the local motel, we went next door to the Waffle House. Do you have them in your town? They are rather small, condensed little restaurants. The staff rarely comes out from behind the counter. They stand back there and shout out orders to the cook in a language only they understand. They are fairly cheap and they make some of the BEST waffles. But one of the problems with the Waffle House is that, being condensed, there isn't a lot of room. And if you have to sit at one of the booths, it's a tight fit. Which explains why we don't go in there much. But being our Anniversary (#31), MsJoy let me entertain my love of waffles. OF COURSE, the only seats left open were in a booth. I was trying to flag down one of the waitresses to get one of the tables reserved, when Joy steps over and slips into the booth. I was about to tell her that we could get a table in a few minutes, when she looks up at me and says, "No, that's ok. I fit..." ***INSERT BIG, HUGE SMILE***

The Anniversary trip was good....hehehe

That's WONDERFUL! I can't wait for the day when I don't worry about whether I'll fit into a booth! Sometimes they fit and sometimes they don't, but some day, I won't even think about it. Maybe I'll even PREFER a booth one day, who knows!

Happy anniversary and give her a big hug (with arms touching because she's so skinny) for us.

Uh, that is truly a great NSV. A few weeks ago wen went to Chili's (their booths have very low tables that would squeeze not just the belly, but the thighs too)... and I fit, and it was fantastic, so I know she's walking on clouds about that one!

Hi Randy,

Happy anniversary to you and Joy! Tell her Mike and I say hello and congrats on that great NSV!

Donna and Julie, done! And thank you for the anniversary wishes. I took her to Shreveport, to the boats for four days. It was great, but it's always good to get back home.

Wheetsin, you got that right! She even suggested that we go to the Waffle House in Corsicana, today. But we were headed to LJS for the fish.

Teresita, you'll get there, baby. Joy has been a bit down because the scale isn't moving much, but it is moving slowly down. Heck, the girl is down to the last hook on her bras. Something is bound to start showing soon.....hehehe

Hurray! Please tell MsJoy how happy we are for the NSV and congrats on the Aniversary!

Being able to fit into a booth is a major mile stone indeed!

Awww, what a great NSV and a great day to have it on too! Happy anniversary!

I want to thank you all for the well wishes. I got the news today (her first day back at work) that while we were vacationing, eating who knows what (I seem to recall lots of cheesecake and chocolate) she lost two more pounds. Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news!!!

We have a local Mexican restaurant that I love. Last year we went and they only had booths available. I managed to squeeze in and eat my meal with my stomach pressed up against the table.

We went back a couple of days ago and already after a loss of only around 25lbs my stomach didn't touch the table, there was actually a gap of a couple of inches! YAY!!!:clap2:

That is a tremendous NSV! I remember the first day I realized that I could just slip right into a booth. It was like, "I'm a regular person." Sounds silly, but it really was huge for me. Congrats to your wife!