Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eat 3 times a day vs. 6 times a day.

Question I am considering the surgery but, I take meds for depression. How do you deal with pills after surgery?

Hi. I take Zyrtec and Micardis, 1 pill at a time and in a teaspoon of applesauce. Space them apart by 20-30 minutes. Also the doctors may have a liquid form of the tablet. They will instruct you how to take those pills though. You really don't need to worry with that. Hope this helps.:(

Try the 3 meals it works, its very hard but that's why you got help the "Band". Use it the way it was designed to work. We have every rationalization about our eating habits but if they were actually good eating habits and worked for us we wouldn't need the band. I hate doing it too io get hungry but I have to do it in order to stay where I am and hopefully get to my goal.

I was banded in December and for about 2 months I crushed my meds but now they are able to go down by themselves. I would also like to say that I am totally off the antidepressants and the Nexium. So HooRAY!

I was banded in December and for about 2 months I crushed my meds but now they are able to go down by themselves. I would also like to say that I am totally off the antidepressants and the Nexium. So HooRAY!

Good for you!!!! Doing the happy dance for you!!:clap2:

My goal is to get off all of my meds that I can too. I am already down about 4 pills a day but that has just been since my surgery and I haven't been able to take them. I have to go back to my reg. doctor to see about getting off of them.

My Doc said to eat 4-5 small meals a day, primarily protien. No Snacks because with 5 meals I'm eating often. It works for me. Their thoughts is with 5 small meals you can trick you body into giving up the fat. If your body thinks you not going to get food for a long period of time, it holds on to the fat, lowers metabolism. Not sure if that's true but it sounds good.

Thank you health1st. I feel that with the workouts and the small meals that I will get to my goal. Your doing so good.

6 meals or Snacks works best for me. I get full fast but then hungry a couple of hours later. Eating something small every 2-3 hours has really helped me.

Constant grazing isn't good for us. And maybe that's what your doc is trying to make sure you avoid. But I think more minimeals will keep your blood sugar stable and you less hungry and happier!