Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I haven't been on the scale in 2 weeks. I started drinking water...alot of Water. cutting out diet cokes. haven't worried about my diet but definately not over eating. no entire bags of chips. no half pizzas. just not best choices. didn't want to look at any of it as my "last meal".

Not going to fast food nearly as much because my usual stop is for a soda (which I'm avoiding) and then I grab a bite to eat.

Did I say alot of water? 1 1/2 times minimum on average day.

Now...I get on the scale and I gained 5 lbs! WTF -- no matter which way i look at it in the last 2 weeks I'm eating and drinking better. I am not starving or shocking my body into starvation mode. nothing drastic..but to put on 5 lbs.

this has me worried that despite the sleeve my body will revolt and do whatever it wants.

Drinking the Water, especially pre-op, is REhydrating your body. Diet coke and other caffeinated drinks act as diuretics and pull water out of our cells. Once you start drinking the water, you will gain a bit, but it's a temporary gain. Keep up on the water; that's a FANTASTIC change for yourself!! :)

I agree with Lissa - but keep a food log, to be sure you understand just how much you are eating, and of what...

...the last meal thing, you need to get past that, it does not "just go away".

So I haven't been on the scale in 2 weeks. I started drinking water...alot of Water. cutting out diet cokes. haven't worried about my diet but definately not over eating. no entire bags of chips. no half pizzas. just not best choices. didn't want to look at any of it as my "last meal".

Not going to fast food nearly as much because my usual stop is for a soda (which I'm avoiding) and then I grab a bite to eat.

Did I say alot of Water? 1 1/2 times minimum on average day.

Now...I get on the scale and I gained 5 lbs! WTF -- no matter which way i look at it in the last 2 weeks I'm eating and drinking better. I am not starving or shocking my body into starvation mode. nothing drastic..but to put on 5 lbs.

this has me worried that despite the sleeve my body will revolt and do whatever it wants.

Almost exact same story for me, so I went on my prep diet 11 days early so I would't gain any more (using myfitnesspal to track it) and I've already lost it back and then some. But, I know how you feel. It freaked me out!

...the last meal thing, you need to get past that, it does not "just go away".

I really don't have a last meal thing. I just typically don't eat alot when I'm hot. I'm so full on Water I barely eat dinner, instead of clearning my plate. Haven't been having typical watch-tv-boredom snack. Still don't eat Breakfast (i know that will ahve to change) and lunch is hit or miss. Even husband has commented on how little i'm eating.

Eating meals on a regular basis is really important to weight loss, no matter if you're sleeved or not. It helps regulate your metabolism. If you only eat one regular meal a day, your body may want to hold onto the calories you gave it. Hang in there!