Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major Cheat On Pre-Op Diet

I've been on the pre-op diet for 2 weeks, 1 more week to go....surgery in 7 days! I was so glad to find this post! I've been doing pretty good, down 12 pounds so far, but yesterday - it all went out the window!!!! It was my son's birthday and I had chips, soda, 2 bites of b-day cake, 1 piece of pizza (that was all in the middle of the day), then 1/2 bag of movie popcorn and another sode at the movies! Now, I will say that the portions of only having a few bites and 1 piece of pizza vs. what I would have normally had is a HUGE difference.....BUT I still ate all of the really bad food. I'm hoping with 7 days left it won't effect me....fingers crossed! :) Yesterday I felt like I just wanted to enjoy the day...but I'll tell you my stomach was not ready for all that bad food...I paid for it last night!

It was yesterday and I'm trying to move on and not beat myself up so much.....anybody not only cheat a little but go off the pre-op that you had problems with surgery? or Dr. said "I know you didn't follow the pre-op diet!"

He won't be saying that ;-}...but just get back on the wagon and try again.

Isn't that really what life is...trying. No one can maintain perfection and there will be pitfalls. The difference is post op you won't physically be able to completely fall in the hole but can begin to slide in. I have found that it really comes down to an inner conversation you have with yourself all day.

I am 9 days post op and by no means an expert. But for me, I haven't been hungry which is a strange feeling. Sure your mind will play tricks on you & try & tempt you. But you will be stronger when you know your weaknesses!!!

Wishing you a great surgery & speedy recovery!!

thank you, thank you! And yes, I could not agree more, it's that inner conversation for sure...and yesterday I didn't fight what I should have :)

thanks for the well wishes - I'm VERY excited...and 100% back on track!

I had one of those frozen pizzas and 4 chicken nuggets 2 days before surgery, followed the pre-op diet for 2 weeks but added more meat than they told me and my liver still shrunk enough. You'll be okay. :)

Thanks everybody! :)

thank you' date=' thank you! And yes, I could not agree more, it's that inner conversation for sure...and yesterday I didn't fight what I should have :)

thanks for the well wishes - I'm VERY excited...and 100% back on track![/quote']

I cheated. I still had the surgery done. Tmi :I use an old fashion cleaner to get that food out. It worked. I even lost weight. Your human we all make mistakes. Keep reaching for the stars. You can do this.

"GOD IS WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF ,SO Keep having faith."<br />Your Sleeve Buddy <br />Zeta<br />

Thanks everybody! :)

Will I cheat now NO. The pain of eating the wrong foods are unbearable. I hate eating apple sauce mix with Protein. Jello, pudding and potato. I know this is it for now. My stomach can't handle other foods right now. My ok with that. Im just grateful for the release of my high blood pressure medication and insulin meds. They are resting in peace.

You can do this!!!!

"GOD IS WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF ,SO Keep having faith."<br />Your Sleeve Buddy <br />Zeta<br />

The important thing is : did you learn anything from the experience? It sounds like you learned the food didn't agree with your body! Lol :) soda is really hard to avoid but the best thing is to just have a sip of someone else's to get the "taste" but drink Water only if you are actually thirsty... Apart from the soda you chose well at the party! It's onditioned into us that special occasions bring special food... Normal people would have eaten what you ate in that situation! That's why shows like the biggest loser are garbage! They. Never. Test. You!!! You didn't fail the test! As long as you recognise it is important to you to taste some of these foods every now and again you won't feel so guilty. But around party "seasons" - where everyday is a party- pick your battles and PLAN for them! If you are going to a long event bring food too! Have a sandwich or Soup to fill your stomach then just "taste" the party food. If you are going to a short event check the menu before hand so you can rationally choose a healthier or lighter option. If you can, ask the host to prepare some healthier options (good for everyone there to eat a little healthier!) smile and be happy it's all ok! You did well and will continue to get better at adjusting your lifestyle :) best wishes!!!