Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cloud 9 ..... Is This Really Real?

Hi everyone! I need some guidance and I really hope that someone responds...

I was sitting on my bed texting Dr. Kelly's assistant Omar about some things and this man went out of his way to find all of the answers to the questions I had after I told him that it was absolutely fine to not worry about bothering Dr. Kelly right, because I understand that they both are very busy. He responded in about ten minutes and I just started crying!

Not the "let me just wipe my tear and sniffle a little" but the "WAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA"

Its just that I have been wronged by so many people in my short time on this earth, to me, being mean and inconsiderate is kind of the "default" I guess. I am suprised every single time I speak to someone that genuinely cares! Its true! That's why I read so much on this board everyday!

I know my surgery is not until December, but I can't help but sit back and think, "is this really gonna happen?". There has been way too many instances in my life where things like just don't work out. It's not like I'm just having a bad attitude about it, it's just that so many times things just don't follow through, even though I wholeheartedly give 100% of my effort and faith.

Is this normal? Well at least normal for someone in this type of situation? Kind of like a too good to be true thing? Has anyone felt like this?

Oh, I have been to psychologists and I have faced my demons, straight in the eyes, so I know why I gained weight in the first place, and I am at peace with that. Most of my problems, physical and emotional are because of my weight.

I guess I just need an outside perspective from someone that doesn't know me. Its a lot simpler that way.

Thank you for listening! Or reading? Whatever I just feel better I got it all out.

First, I want to say...you're not alone. I use to think exactly what you are right now. it's ok to realize that good things can and will happen for you. Please try to look at the positive in situations not just the negative, I know it's hard considering so much bad has happened in your life. I encourage you to do what I did, I CHANGED MY STINKIN THINKIN. I realized that I am a good person who does deserve good things to come my way. Let me tell you when I decided it was enough negative in my life, guess what things actually started changing for the BEST. Believe in yourself and believe that your are deserving. Be Blessed and be Positive, for Positive Thoughts bring Positive Outcomes!!!

First' date=' I want to say...you're not alone. I use to think exactly what you are right now. it's ok to realize that good things can and will happen for you. Please try to look at the positive in situations not just the negative, I know it's hard considering so much bad has happened in your life. I encourage you to do what I did, I CHANGED MY STINKIN THINKIN. I realized that I am a good person who does deserve good things to come my way. Let me tell you when I decided it was enough negative in my life, guess what things actually started changing for the BEST. Believe in yourself and believe that your are deserving. Be Blessed and be Positive, for Positive Thoughts bring Positive Outcomes!!![/quote']

Stinkin thinkin.... I love that!! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Now that I reread what I wrote it sounded like I was rambling a little lol. I was just having trouble processing my emotions. But they were good emotions so it wasn't bad. I am just so happy!

Tia, it's all good. :rolleyes: Be Happy, Be Encouraged and Be Positive, as you are on your way to a new healthy you!!!

Oh, I have been to psychologists and I have faced my demons, straight in the eyes, so I know why I gained weight in the first place, and I am at peace with that. Most of my problems, physical and emotional are because of my weight.

I believe I am at this point too. I have faced my problems, but my weight is holding me back from alot. I am ready for the change, I too am having an issue believing this will happen soon.

The first place I went to, after they got my down payment, everyone was rude and I realized they were to many others. They were pushing me into lap band too. So I changed surgeons, this guy and his staff are so nice, it is nice to feel like someone wants to help. This is when I first learned about the sleeve.

I am self pay, so I also went through the rejection of one loan, I was down that day, really down. But I got back up and tried again, got a higher loan at a better rate at another place.

Good luck and keep the faith. I know it is easier said than done (I am very impatient), but December will come and you will be happy. I have only been a member since yesterday, but this site has helped alot.

I believe I am at this point too. I have faced my problems' date=' but my weight is holding me back from alot. I am ready for the change, I too am having an issue believing this will happen soon.

The first place I went to, after they got my down payment, everyone was rude and I realized they were to many others. They were pushing me into lap band too. So I changed surgeons, this guy and his staff are so nice, it is nice to feel like someone wants to help. This is when I first learned about the sleeve.

I am self pay, so I also went through the rejection of one loan, I was down that day, really down. But I got back up and tried again, got a higher loan at a better rate at another place.

Good luck and keep the faith. I know it is easier said than done (I am very impatient), but December will come and you will be happy. I have only been a member since yesterday, but this site has helped alot.[/quote']

I'm impatient too! Lol I just hope nothing goes wrong from until then. And that's awesome about your loan. When is your surgery?