Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Do You Want To Carry That Baggage With You?

Hi Everyone out there,

What prompted me to write this was a wonderful lady named “Kathy”. She spurred some thoughts that I have going around in my head. First of all a big thank you to Kathy for what she said and the very nice compliment about my writing style and the things I have to say. She said they have helped her go forward to make some appointments to check out having WLS. broken_heart.gif

For most of us we didn’t overeat because we were hungry. We ate for a thousand different reasons, and they were mostly emotional reasons. We have so many issues or problems in our life and have turned to food for comfort. The range is so wide, self-esteem, addictions, to food, drugs, alcohol. Our hearts and souls have deep emotional scares for various reason, we cared more for the food than we cared about ourselves. Food was or is our comfort and it was easy to hide behind being fat. For some they have been sexually or emotionally abused and the food was the one thing that we could control and NO one could stop us. Kathy said something that really stood out in my mind; and that was we were slowing killing ourselves with a “fork”. That is so true. brokenheart.gif

So what will it take to motivate you to love and care for yourself enough to STOP this cycle? We do have a disease also called obesity. If we had any other disease we wouldn’t think twice about having surgery for it, we would do it because a doctor would tell us it will save your life. For some it will take some therapy, to heal enough to turn their life around. What you look like on the outside is usually not who you are on the inside where it really matters. There are so many people who love and care about you. I want you to take your power back and take the steps to move forward past the pain you feel. applause.gif

I never said it was easy, but you are worth all the efforts it will take. You are unique, and special. There is ONLY one of you, and you are here on earth for a purpose, and a reason. Take that giant leap forward and consider having the WLS to change your entire life forever. You have earned the right to be everything you could ever want to be. Shed the fat and let that inter person inside of you out. Look at all the possibilities and pick the right one for you.angel.gif

I will be the first one who will tell you, it will require work and effort on your part. WLS is your tool to use to achieve your healthy weight. Be proud of yourself for doing it. Only you can make this choice to change your life. The first time someone calls you “skinny” you will think are they talking about me? Yes, they are. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.confused.gif

I had Weight Loss Surgery almost 4 years ago and Dr. Aceves in Mexicali was my doctor. I happen to think he is the very best doctor you could ever have for WLS. As a matter of fact Dr. Compos who is his partner has had VGS and so he knows all the things you have to go through to be healthy again. They are a terrific team, and when you have them, you have the BEST.heart.gif

Hugs,

Suzanne

Sleeved 10/21/2008

Lost 105 pounds

I agree 100% with everything you said. Congratulations on your new life, and thanks for writing this post--I'm sure it's going to be really helpful for a lot of people!

Wow - that was a great post! Thank you so much - you've also given me a ton of motivation to do the sleeve vs. RNY.

What kind of complete life changes have you made that have helped you KEEP it off after the sleeve - I have heard it's easier to gain back with VSG than with RNY.

Thanks!