Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Evil Tricare Wellness Coordinator

I'm on Tricare and one of the requirements is that I had to meet with the wellness coordinator and go on a 6-month diet and weight loss program. Well, I met with LCDR B today and she ran over me like a freight train.

First of all she had never heard of the band and kept calling it gastric bypass. She kept going on about the complications and wouldn't listen when I tried to explain how the band is different - no leakage, staples, etc.

I told her I'm in a dilemma because Tricare requires a person to be 100 pounds overweight and I'm right there. If I do a 6-month program, of course I'll lose weight, but I'll gain it back. I had printed out my history of weight loss attempts over the past 27 years - she wouldn't even look at it. She said of course I'll fail because I'm not mentally ready to lose weight, if I really wanted to lose it I would, so no surgery will help me, and that if I'll gain it back without the band I'll gain it back with the band.

I asked her why she thought I could lose weight and keep it off under her program when I couldn't with any other of the programs I've followed in the past 27 years. She said if I really wanted to lose it I could.

I asked her what her long-term success rate was with her program, and she said she didn't know, she doesn't follow up.

I asked her if she had ever dealt with anyone who had 100 pounds to lose and she wouldn't answer.

She said a friend of hers had gastric bypass and lost the weight and she always tells her it was a waste of time, that she could have done it without the surgery.

I sat there in her office and cried like a baby. I'm so disgusted with myself.

Then she put in my file that I refuse to cooperate in her required fitness program.

So I'm meeting with my PCP Tuesday, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to pay for this out of pocket. I'm so frustrated.

Dani

I am SO sorry that you had this experience. Those who haven't been there often don't understand or what to. I believe she was trying to get to you. Don't give her the pleasure of giving up! I also have tricare and I know it's hard. Be Blessed and keep the faith!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches