Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Ranting!

Just wanted to have a little rant about my extremely shitty week!

I think my family has heard me go off about it one time to many so the www can have it too!

Tomorrow I will be calling my nurse and pretty much either biting my tongue from screaming at her or screaming at her, I feel like I have had the op and just been booted out and ignored frankly!

It has been a build up of things that just come to a head this week and I am over it!

I have a couple of other medical issues not related to weight that I am also dealing with without all the details I can’t see my gp nor will they give her a message to call me back a random doc keeps calling me back not understanding what I can and can’t do or take because of the op.

So I have been given 2 lots of pills to take 3 times a day – can’t take the pills not allowed so its annoying.

My appointments for follow ups after the ops have been cancelled or moved so I can’t even see anyone for almost 3 months!

My first follow up appointment I raised issues about eating and going to the bathroom she told me it will be fine don’t worry!

Well its really not I can barely eat any kind of food even Soup I am puking up, tea shake its getting worse and worse and this week trying to go to the bathroom was so bad after 5 days capsules the doc told me to take even though they were big and painful I took them because I was in that rock and hard place position and a whole bunch of other stuff (not sure people want full details lol) I was shaking hot sick and about ready to pass out I called my nurse left a message as I was told it was a 24 help line I waited for a hour in major pain and trying not to cry mum and friend ready to take me to ER I was so bad.

So no call back I did everything in my power to clear myself and thankfully after another hour a whole hell of a lot of pain I did.

I was left a message the next day telling me not to call after 5pm as they leave at 5- no concern about why I was calling no call us back no nothing just a pissy message about not calling after hours!

Now honestly I am too frigging scared to try and eat solid food again!

Also in pain in that area after this week and yes did some damage can’t take anything for it coz I have no clue what I can take and can’t speak to anyone over the weekend.

I am just so over no one knowing what I am on about if I try my gp because my doctor is unavailable and is the only one in the practice to deal with bariatric patients.

Also sick of fighting my friggign gp’s every time I try and get my repeat prescription of fast tabs or the Calcium tabs I have to take I have a copy of the paperwork I know they e-mailed it over stop telling me I am wrong!

I am over the hospital not getting back to me when I have a problem not listening to me when I raise concerns and not telling me it can happen or telling me what I can take for it!

I mean I am not the first uk person to have it done so surely they KNOW!

Just needed to rant so hopefully I don’t go to mad tomorrow morning or when I am at hospital for something else on Tuesday I don’t go to there department and kick off!

That was a good rant. Good luck tomorrow.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this on top of trying to heal from surgery. I can certainly understand why you'd want to call that doctor's office up and yell at them. They should have someone on call to handle emergencies. They should have asked about your health when they called you instead of chewing you out for calling after hours. I hope you're able to find out what's going on with not being able to eat when you finally get hold of that doctor!

ranted update i have a appointment on thursday to see one of the doctors at the hospital!

thanks for the support peeps!

Don't let yourself get constipated. This is a huge problem with us sleevers. You can take a stool softner every day, or use Miralax.< /p>

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope they have some answers for you.

they did have answers for me after i told them off lol

i was just really P'ed off they didn;t warn or give me things to stop it before hand like i read all over this forum, or that i was told to take the wrong things that had me in alot of pain.

its not like this has never been done and they know it happens so to not pre warn us or give aides or tells us what to take and me go through that i was beyond mad at them!

thankfully (touch wood) it hasn;t happened to me since i worked it out with simple prune juice!

the issue with the gp the hospital doc sent a detailed letter on what i can have whats not allowed so i don;t speak to people who have no clue and i can get a appointment within 3 days now if i need it!