Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Admission Testing

I am going to my pre-admission testing appointment on Tuesday. Due to insurance ending and having to move my surgery up to make sure it's covered, my process of getting the surgery has been a little shorter, so there will only be two days between pre-admission testing and my surgery. I've read through what other people from my bariatric clinic had done during PAT and it sounds like I will be having an EKG, Chest X-ray, Blood work, and Gallbladder ultrasound. I was just curious, has anyone had anything come up on these pre-admission tests that has set them back for their surgery?

I'm super excited, but I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm a little because I know that I still have to get the green light from all these tests (And with good reason, I wouldn't want to head into surgery when I have an undiscovered health problem). I have not had any health problems and I'm fairly young (25) so my doctor has already told me that he doesn't anticipate any issues, but I'm just kind of curious how this went for others. I have already gotten the time off work, and I'm hoping that I get the clean bill of health to go ahead.

Hey izuri. I'm fairly healthy with no co-morbities from my weight except my heart rate is always elevated so I failed the EKG and had to have a stress test. Luckily it came back fine.

I'm not 100% sure but anything off with the gallbladder woul only lead to you taking pills to prevent stones or removing it during surgery. I can't imagine anything being bad from the X-ray or blood work either so I'm sure you'll do fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches