Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Sleeve Buddies From Michigan?

Surgery is July 25th! So close!!! I am SO excited but very nervous also! I am new to this site but would be great to have somebody besides my mom to relate to in this journey!

Hi LisaMarie! I live in the Brighton area, and am getting sleeved tomorrow. (7/24/12) I am excited...don't know if I would have had the courage if it wasn't for this site. Wishing you all the best during your surgery and recovery!

I am from the Lansing area and my surgery is 7/26/12. I am very nervous but ready for my new healthy life!!

Me too!!! I am nervous but excited. Keep me posted on how things go! what hospital are you having it done at?

Hi LisaMarie! I live in the Brighton area, and am getting sleeved tomorrow. (7/24/12) I am excited...don't know if I would have had the courage if it wasn't for this site. Wishing you all the best during your surgery and recovery!

I wish you a speedy recovery! That's funny all our surgeries are this week and we all live in MI. What hospital are you having it done at?

thank you good luck too and keep me posted also :)

On my way to the hospital! (St.John's Providence in Southfield)

Best of luck to my fellow Michigan Sleevers! See you on the Loser's Bench! I look foward to sharing this journey with you!

On my way to the hospital! (St.John's Providence in Southfield)

Best of luck to my fellow Michigan Sleevers! See you on the Loser's Bench! I look foward to sharing this journey with you!

Good luck! keep us posted on how you are doing.

I'm from Michigan too, and I was sleeved not quite a year ago. I live in northern lower Michigan. :)

Good luck to all of you soon-to-be newly sleeved Michiganders!

Thank you Linda! How has your journey been for you??

Hello again!

My surgery went well, it was pretty much as I expected it would be. Pain wise...a lot like a c-section, only higher up. ;) i have had a complicaion, though. My oxygen levels in my blood are low, so I was sent home with oxygen tanks. The docs had to rule out all of the terrible things such as blood cot in lungs and lung cancer, so I had a cat scan and chest x-rays. It was very stressful hearing those possbilities being tossed around. I definitely had the moments of regret, like "what have I done to myself!?" Looks like the lower back lobes of my lungs are a bit deflated and full of gunk. Started antibiotics today to prevent pnemonia. Yes, I have been walking and doing the incentive sparometer all along... so, just a bump in the road. I know the hospital part will soon be a distant memory, and it is all worth it! Haven't weighed myself yet...too scared after all of the IVs! I hope all of my fellow MI sleevers have had an easier time...can't wait to hear from you all!

Hello all. I live near Lansing. I was sleeved on May 21st in Holland. Good luck to all of you. Feel free to message me, add me as a friend, or whatever you need. Support is CRUCIAL!